Load DataRotoMetals2RepackboxTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingWidenersInline FabricationLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sick kitty, may lose ber :(

Banned

I have grown to like the older ones better the past few years, I always preferred mature dogs, just don't have the patience for the neediness of puppies. Gracie is a great little cat, but I have decided we're done with kittens, just can't take the high energy levels. We it comes time for another cat (probably gonna be a while), we're going to a shelter and asking "Where do you keep the old ones?"

I cannot imagine a home without a cat, at least one.

Boolit Master

I'm a retired (sort of) veterinarian, and my experience with fatty liver disease in cats says that turning them around is not entirely, but nearly impossible. Euthanasia is often necessary even with extensive intervention. I've been in your shoes several times over the years as well as watched and helped others that were experiencing their loss of a pet and it is never easy even if the decision is "the best thing". Some of the hardest ones were when the person would apologize to me for being so upset because they know "it's just an animal". My response was always "no you're wrong, he/she was a beloved family member". The suggestion to get another pet I think is a good one. You will never replace your beloved cat but you will have another entirely different one to love.

Boolit Master

I’m so sorry to hear the news. You have my deepest condolences.

Boolit Grand Master

You have my sympathies too!

Boolit Master

So sorry! Losing a loved pet is not much different from losing any other family member. May your memories of her illness fade quickly to be filled in with a lifetime of good times.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master

Sick kitty, may lose ber

My family and my sympathies to you and yours. I’ve been there many times when I was growing up and we have been blessed that all our fur-children we got in adulthood are still with us but my cat is getting close to that point too. (Wife has never had to go through that yet and neither have my kids so that’s going to be tough).

It’s never easy and I feel your pain. Our hopes for a easy transition for Francine.

Boolit Master

Sorry to hear. Its painfull when our beloved critters pass.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Master
    Animal pounds are having a very hard time these days due to covid. They turn away a lot of animals and euthanize many as well. It might be too soon, you have to make the call, but it might be therapeutic and healing to stop by and see some kitties looking for a good home. You might just find one there that you know is the one. Just a thought.
    If there are costs involved that you can't afford, drop me a PM.

I cannot go into a shelter because I know I will want to bring a handful of animals home.
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    I took her in today and she is at least out of pain now. She seemed lots happier at the vets. I asked if they gave her pain meds as she wasnt complaining about being touched, they claimed they didn't. At least she felt good enough for some knuckle in the ear socket scritchies, scritchies atop the spine, in front of the tail root, cheek rubs, the usual pets. And at least it was peaceful.

I know on a new kitty. It is a temptation but not this week. Maybe next week or next month. Linda doesnt seem to understand yet. The local pounds run $50ish for kittens but year old or older are often free. Plus license etc. of course. So costs are not too bad. And in past when its time a new cat often shows up and adopts me.

As a kid I was the one who would never pass up an offered kitten. One, Hoody, calico, was maybe 7 weeks old when I carried her home and claimed that "she followed me home." It IS possible that my mom didn't believe me on that. She ended up being a wonderful long lived kitty. I think if you treat them right they all will be, unless disaster strikes.

I will probably watch the "Tiny Kittens HQ" youtube cat rescue channel somewhat, for a while. It might help. Along with giving Linda treats.

Also, Thank You all for the needed support. It helps!

Banned

Sorry you lost her, but at least you were there and she was calm and knew she was loved.

Take your time and get past it a little before getting another, but when the time comes to do it, it'll help.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Our sincere sympathies and condolences to you. It's never easy to have to say goodbye to a beloved pet. I hope you can find some peace and comfort in the fact that you provided a loving home for her and a good life and that you can also always remember that she loved you as much as you loved her. As I type this, I have two wonderful dogs curled up on my lap. God provides these wonderful creatures, cats and dogs, for a reason and they all are very special'

Boolit Master
    Having just recently lost one myself,, this thread has made reading here blurry,, but necessary. I do care & understand.
    When you took her to the vet,, in her own way,, I'd bet she knew you were there to make her pains disappear. As hard as it is,, it's the right thing sometimes. I've held my fair share in my arms as they pass peacefully & their pains go away.

I too have said that when it's time,, God sends me another stray to care for,, knowing I'll truly take care of it. All of ours were found on our property. And while it's been a month now since my little "Patches" passed,, I'm not looking,, but know it could happen anytime. My wife has had (4) dreams about a gray kitten,, and she's wanting to find another one,, but so far,, we've not tried. I've considered a trip to the pound,, or watching out for a stray somewhere. I know God will decide when it's time.
    And our other 3 cats have looked for her,, yet,, seem to know she's gone for good. And they too have gotten a bit more special treatment as well. One seems to really hunt me out & give me a lot more attention as well. Funny how they do that.

I know it was hard to let her go. And the loss of a loved pet proves you care. Compassion & love are gifts God gives us all, and hopefully the more compassion & love we have,, the better people we are.

Again,, I want to express my condolences for your loss.

Boolit Master
    I had to reread the thread to see if Linda was mentioned. I was kind of confused especially at the giving her treats part. Then I realized that Linda was another cat. That made me chuckle because we had a beloved cat named Louise. Originally there was Hewey, Dewey and Louie but Louie ended up being Louise.

We've got a new calico hanging around the house. She wants to be friendly but is wary. I've been told "No more cats" which is fine but I will still feed her if she's been dumped.
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

Some time back I was considering another cat, maybe 12 years? So I was about to call the manager and ask for permission for another cat. She called me instead, and asked if Francine needed a buddy. So I got Linda. This sort of thing happens to me a fair bit, or the new critter just shows up. Odd but fun

Boolit Master
    When Mr. & Mrs. GONRA's Pepper died, we went to the shelter looking for an older kitty.
    A small 3 (?) year olde kitty kept meowing her head off and running around our ankles......
    SUPER FRIENDLY ! Rear right paw was missing and no one would adopt her!
    She had been there for some months.....

We grabbed Gretchen - huge success!

Boolit Master
    Very sorry about your loss Mr. Sheesh.

In 18 months my wife and I have gone from 2 dogs and 2 cats to just 1 cat. It’s painful.

Best regards

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

It truly is.

GONRA, true, sometimes the cat knows that you're a good fit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12