Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackbox
Load Data

Thread: Lawman 9mm 147 fmj quality and function.

Boolit Master

Lawman 9mm 147 fmj quality and function.

I bought my first 9mm pistol a couple months ago. It is a Sar9, very well made piece. I've been stocking up on ammunition whenever it becomes available. Today at Sportsman's Warehouse, they had shelved the Speer Lawman 147 fmj. These have the round nose with a flat point. I hadn't tried anything in that weight, only 124 grain. The price (21.99 per box) though not cheap, it was however a decent buy at today's ammunition prices. And, it "was" available. Advertised velocity is 985 fps, compared to a 115 grain fmj at about 1150 fps. Although, I believe there may be better penetration with the heavier 147. There seems to be more ammunition of certain calibers coming available. They had about 80 +/- boxes on the shelf. They did have other ammunition as well, for a higher price. Blazer 115 fmj were 23.99 per box. Others up to the mid 30's per box. Any experiences with the Lawman ammunition?
    If a 41 won't stop it, I wouldn't bet my life on a 44.

Boolit Grand Master

They are good ammunition and work in just about everything. Unless you carry 147s for defense and want similar recoil and point of impact, there is no reason to pay the extra money to punch paper.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master

They had had some other ammo for sale @ 19.99 a box, but it was sold out. Like I said, this was available. I bought 4 boxes. In the past, they had a 2 box limit on ammo. I'm thinkin the purchase amount went up do to the amount on the shelf.
    If a 41 won't stop it, I wouldn't bet my life on a 44.