RepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RotoMetals2Load DataReloading EverythingLee Precision
Titan Reloading

Thread: good experience with Savage Arms

Boolit Master

good experience with Savage Arms

I had a good experience with Savage Arms
    I managed to damage the bolt handle on my model 25 in 22 Hornet: A case got stuck and during extraction I created the damage. I sent them the rifle for repair last June. Today I received the repaired rifle/bolt and there was no charge.
    To be honest I was not sure how well Savage Arms would handle my repair problem, but they certainly came through and were professional.

atr
    Death to every foe and traitor and hurrah, my boys, for freedom !

Nice to know. I've got a Savage 260 Rem that has been a great rifle.
    What could possibly go wrong?

Boolit Master
    talking about savage rifles there are a few about ready to be on todays auction block at rock island, never know some stuffs been going cheap but other stuff bringing big bucks today

Moderator Emeritus

I have a Stevens in .223 and it is so accurate that it is scary!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by atr View Post
    I had a good experience with Savage Arms
    I managed to damage the bolt handle on my model 25 in 22 Hornet: A case got stuck and during extraction I created the damage. I sent them the rifle for repair last June. Today I received the repaired rifle/bolt and there was no charge.
    To be honest I was not sure how well Savage Arms would handle my repair problem, but they certainly came through and were professional.

atr
    I have a Savage 25 in 223 that may be the most accurate rifle I own, out to 250 yards.

Boolit Master
    I wanted a Model 25 or a Ruger American in 223, but those have been unobtainable in my neck of the woods the last year. Got an Axis in 223 instead and boy is it fun. Ive got at least 500-750 rounds through it this last year and my buddy's son is using it this fall for his first deer season. 20grains of W748 and the MP Nato boolit is good for around 1-1.5 inches at 100 yards. This kid is consistently picking off cans 4 out of 5 at 100 yards. He's 10.

Boolit Master

I have never had a problem with a Savage.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master
    savage has been making quality rifles for many years, I think they are often overlooked by many, ive got an old 243 that is more accurate than I can shoot and the barrel has to be about worn out. I got it used more than 30 years ago and have shot at least 4000 rounds through it. its never needed any repairs. my 308 savage is a much newer model that came to me highly polished and deeply blued wearing a laminated stock and its pretty darn accurate too. the cost doesn't break the bank and most people have found savages to be very accurate right out of the box. I'm still waiting for a BSEV to fall into my lap.

Boolit Master
    Nice to see a positive thread instead of people trashing sponsors for their own inability to use things. I have several Savage varmint rifles, including a 25 in 17 Hornet. They all perform well, exceptionally well for the cost. Have never had an issue with any of these and there is usually one in my prairie dog line-up every year, so they have experience. My Hornet doesn't feed the best from the magazine, due to me loading longer OAL than normal...wish someone would design and market a SS follower for it.
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by remy3424 View Post
    Nice to see a positive thread instead of people trashing sponsors for their own inability to use things. I have several Savage varmint rifles, including a 25 in 17 Hornet. They all perform well, exceptionally well for the cost. Have never had an issue with any of these and there is usually one in my prairie dog line-up every year, so they have experience. My Hornet doesn't feed the best from the magazine, due to me loading longer OAL than normal...wish someone would design and market a SS follower for it.
    Hey Remy, check into a 3D printing forum. Plans are likely already on the internet, just find someone to whip one up for you. Should be pretty cheap.

Boolit Master
    Many newly mfg rifles today will perform well.

A Savage Axis with heavy barrel in .223 followed me home from Walmart a few years ago. It is the only rifle that I have ever had that like to be fired with a HOT barrel. Most of the groups with this rifle are less than 1/2" at 100yd. I like to shoot soda cans at 300yds with it, usually hit 10 out of 10. I even have an 18" group at 1000yds with it. Still that accurate after 3800 rounds.

I am glad the OP had a good experience with Savage customer service. Hopefully I will never need to contact them, but, never know.

Boolit Buddy
    Thats Good to hear,,, but dosent mirror my single experience with their customer service.
    That was more like 3 months of calls and emails to even get a responce. Then, no lable for me, so I had to pay shipping/insurance to get it there. Then another 4 months without a word, until I started sending emails daily and finally got a second responce. Then another few months without any contact and then magically and without any shipping notice, it was sitting in my car port when I got back from a weeks vacation...

Got a couple Savage Axis, 223 and 270. Redo the trigger with a screw and spring per YouTube, possibly zero cost if you have a can or 3 of old screws and small springs. Spend a couple bucks on some rockite. Put a little in the forearm and pour a bit down the stock into the wrist area area, let it cure. With the stiffer stock you may have a half inch shooter. Mine will usually out shoot me.
    Never trade luck for skill.

Got a couple Savage Axis, 223 and 270. Redo the trigger with a screw and spring per YouTube, possibly zero cost if you have a can or 3 of old screws and small springs. Spend a couple bucks on some rockite. Put a little in the forearm and pour a bit down the stock into the wrist area area, let it cure. With the stiffer stock you may have a half inch shooter. Mine will usually out shoot me. The SavageShooter forum has a lot of Axis info. Some works.
    Never trade luck for skill.

Boolit Master
    Have an older Savage 110FP in 308 I bought close to 26 years ago. Will easily outshoot my Remington 700 Sendero in the same caliber. Frank