Load DataRepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Lee Precision

Thread: Gratuitous display of 10mm power.

Boolit Master

Gratuitous display of 10mm power.

Went to the range to test some new warm 10mm loads using 180gr XTPs and 200gr Gold Dots.

Had a few rounds left with the 180gr XTPs and one empty soda can, so filled it with water and blasted away.

Did the same thing a couple of weeks ago but with cheap FMJ plinking loads. The warm XTP hp loads were much more impressive.

"Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Aaah the joy of reactivate targets. When CCI stingers first came out I wasted a full can of jel shaving cream to try them out. Totally worth it.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Grand Master

Working at campbells we could occasionally by the badly dented tomato soup and used them for targets bright red ball when hit. Being completely sealed and under vacuum really produced some impressive splatters

The difference between men and boys is the cost oof their toys. You have me motivated to play pop can killer with some Club Soda cans I have laying around.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Master
    That is an appealing pistol. But the thought of setting up for a new caliber these days is daunting.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Boolit Master

Several years ago I bought a .223 Remington Mini Mauser bolt action rifle and did some stock work to make it look like a British Express rifle. I took it to the range with some ammo loaded with 55 grain Hornady JSP bullets. Took some alum. drink cans with me and jug of water with ice in it. Temp. was hovering around 100 degrees that day. I set two of the cans full the cold water on top of a post at 100 yards. Sat down on the bench and proceeded to put a 55grain pill dead center into the can of water. It tore the can apart, the can flattened out like a big flap jack and started rotating like a helicopter blade and slowly made its way to the ground still rotating. The water turned into a little white cloud by hot air and slowly drifted off on the light breeze that was blowing. Same performance for the second can. I later started taking water and cans to the range and just sitting there until I ran out of cans or water. I turned a few people on to this little bit of fun. Sometimes when I go to the range, the trash can will have several cans that have been give the treatment. You don't have to spend a lot of money to have fun. james

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for sharing!

Every Mother’s Day I have my mom and sisters over for lunch and some shooting. We typically pick up a few cases of no-name sodas for the event. So much fun and plenty to sip on when you’re not shooting. It does bring the ants out of the woodwork though.

Been using the 180 XTP for hogs down in Texas. Shooting them from 16” carbine! Availability of components got me started in casting/PCing boolits for the 10mm.

Boolit Master
    Bois d’arc apples make extremely satisfying targets for HP rifle rounds.

Boolit Master

Shot an expired container of tartar sauce today. It was underwhelming.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Quote Originally Posted by Jtarm View Post
    Bois d’arc apples make extremely satisfying targets for HP rifle rounds.
    This^^^^ I remember shooting every single one out of a tree one day at 200 yards with my 788 22-250 and 55gr Hornady Super Explosive bullets. Seems like yesterday and a hundred years ago all at the same time! The tree is still here but 50 years bigger!

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    When I was a kid, there was a sand pit where everybody went shooting, and kids would go there and drink and leave their trash and bottles and cans ... I used to like to pick up their old Miller High Life "pony" bottles, fill them with water from a mud puddle and zap them from 175 yds with 100gr HPs from my 270 at around 3300 f/s. POW!

Most of the time, you couldn't find a single piece of glass...it was as if they were smacked with a baseball bat, vaporized

Boolit Master

I like a head of cabbage soaked in water for a reactive target. Explosive!
    I've bagged 2 mule deer with the 10mm, 180gr XTP. 65yds and 30yds. Neither went more than 10yds. Bullet worked.
    NRA Benefactor Member

Boolit Master
    At what distance was it?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 44MAG#1 View Post
    At what distance was it?
    Only 7 yards.