WidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
RepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I hope I don't regret this: Bought my first press after my starter kit single stage

Boolit Grand Master

Loaded thousands of rounds on Lee single stage presses. I don't need a Bugatti to load ammo and Lee works just fine for me. Buy what you want, spend what you want but just keep
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Quote Originally Posted by Stewbaby View Post
    Seems to be limited to 223 and pistol. I have not had good luck trying to auto feed 308, Swede and such.
    I had the same problem with .308, then I created a clear drop tube between and it works like this:

Then made it faster to change calibers:

pretty simple, but the .223 size needing a wind or two of alum. tape to size it tight.

Last edited by GWS; 08-22-2021 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    I had the same problem with .308, then I created a clear drop tube between and it works like this:
    Awesome thanks

For those who have or are planning to acquire a 3D printer, TylerR has taken that idea and created a caliber changing downtube that has the same feature, and can interface with a case feeder. On his version, the caliber specific part just drops in, so you don't have the change the part that screws into press. I designed and printed a wrap around tube for .223, .308, and .270 for his 3D printed verion.......270 version below:

TylerR's thread is here on Cast Boolits.....his files for feeders and APP can be downloaded from the link at his signature in every post he makes.

If anyone wants my rifle downtube .STL files for his APP quick change system just ask. Of course he has all the pistol downtubes for it too.

TylerR's downloads available here: https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...=1#post5216287

There is an APP section. You print the APP_Bracket_Main.stl, then any caliber specific downtube. My rifle downtubes are not there.
    Last edited by GWS; 08-22-2021 at 10:53 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

Los of info from App owners/users on this dedicated APP forum; http://www.lee-loader.com/viewforum.php?f=86
    Last edited by mdi; 08-23-2021 at 11:22 AM.
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    For those who have or are planning to acquire a 3D printer, TylerR has taken that idea and created a caliber changing downtube that has the same feature, and can interface with a case feeder. On his version, the caliber specific part just drops in, so you don't have the change the part that screws into press. I designed and printed a wrap around tube for .223, .308, and .270 for his 3D printed verion.......270 version below:

TylerR's thread is here on Cast Boolits.....his files for feeders and APP can be downloaded from the link at his signature in every post he makes.

If anyone wants my rifle downtube .STL files for his APP quick change system just ask. Of course he has all the pistol downtubes for it too.

TylerR's downloads available here: https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...=1#post5216287

There is an APP section. You print the APP_Bracket_Main.stl, then any caliber specific downtube. My rifle downtubes are not there.
    Can't stop the signal
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Can't stop the signal
    Can't stop what?????

Boolit Master
    I like mine well enough. I use it to decap, size, bell the mouth and seat bullets. I think, it comes in great to for sizing and belling pistol brass. I would not suggest using it to size anything that take some force. I had a 308 case get stuck in the die because the shell holder that makes sizing pistol brass so great did not have a enough of a grip on the 308's rim and it was heck to get that case out of the die.

Northern Virginia, where the freeway does roam.
    That would save a bunch of time processing a bucket of 38 Special.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I like my APP enough I would buy another immediately if it disappeared.
    Mine is used for de-capping pistol cases before pin tumbling , and the cartridges I use NOE expanders on I also resize when de-capping.
    I find it to be a great time saver on a chore that I found to be tedious.
    And it's cheap

Over on TheHighRoad.org people are buying 2 APPs. Might make sense if you are doing several operations....they are that cheap.

I use it for what "onelight" does, and I also swage military 7.62 with it. The case feeder makes that go 3 times faster than my RCBS bench Swager or a similar Super Swager. I may have to begin the Boolit making side of the hobby so I can size lead boolits with the APP...many love it for that.