Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Reloading Everything Wideners
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saying Goodbye to the Best Father I Could Ask For

Boolit Master

Saying Goodbye to the Best Father I Could Ask For

It’s been a hard year for our family. I posted back in May the loss of my younger brother. Now we’re losing a father and husband.

Mom’s father was a pipeline welder and they moved frequently. Dad saw her checking into the high school he attended and decided at that moment that she was the one that he would marry. He always told her that he loved her first. A couple of years later they were married and almost a year after that I entered the world followed by my brother and our sister.

Mom couldn’t have asked for a better husband. His mission in life was to provide for her and us and keep us safe. In 68 years of marriage he never raised his voice or spoke in an ugly manner to her. He was firm but loving with the three of us. We were fortunate. We never needed for food, clothing, shelter or love. If we wanted something special for extracurricular activities it was provided. They got me a trumpet that I still play and my brother got a tenor sax which he kept all his life. They gave us all a starter car when it came time for us to drive. He and my mother are responsible for raising three children that I think all turned out pretty well. He was kind and soft spoken. He taught us how to safely handle firearms, fish, respect the land, our country and God. We learned how to be men and our sister to be a lady.

Dad’s lungs have given out and later today he will be taken off of oxygen. It’s a heart wrenching decision but given the realities of his medical condition we don’t see another option. He will not get better after two bouts of pneumonia as a child and pulmonary fibrosis now, along with a recurrence of pneumonia. All I ask is that God takes him gently and reunites him with those that left before.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master

Man I'm so sorry. Sometimes you just don't know what to say to someone who is about to say goodbye to such a good father, husband and man. But I will say this, There's a special place in Heaven for folks like this. No more suffering, no more pain or anguish. His heavenly home will be lit by the light of God-never to see darkness. I wasn't there to see my father go because were in between visits to a far off hospital where he stayed for a couple of months (was only 58). Was there to see mama go and you could see the reflection of Jesus standing on the banks of the Jordan river in her eyes as she took her last breath, but smiling as she did so. But I'm gonna pray for you brother because I do know the pain we feel when losing a loved one. And I pray it's peaceful for your father to cross over. I'm here as well as the many other fellows on this forum who understand if you wanna talk! God bless you and the family.
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Boolit Buddy
    I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I had to go through the same thing with my older sister. She died of a very aggressive cancer. My wife and I where alongside my brother in law when they turned off the equipment keeping her body going. She had already risen to heaven. There is not a day goes by that I don't think of her.

Let him go to a better place and have great memories of him.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by XDROB; 08-20-2021 at 11:20 AM.

USMC 77, USRA 79

ahhh David.. dont know what to say. except, you will see him again!! Prayers sent!
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master
    First off,,, you & your family have my deepest & sincerest sympathies. I truly understand.

My Dad was a tough bird,, and it wasn't until I matured that I understood so much about him. He was a young teen during the depression, and had a tough time. As such,, we were taught some excellent life lessons. My siblings all turned out good as well. As I matured,, I truly began to understand so much about him & how he raised us. And, while many feel the Mother in the family is the foundation,, in our family, I find myself truly missing my Dad over my mother. Not that my mom was bad or anything,, it's just that my Dad was a better teacher & understood life's lessons. He, as well as 3 of his brothers served in WWII, and as such, my brother & I both are also Vets. Our sister married a career Marine, & their son retired from the AF.
    We all have come to realize how much our Dad meant to us.

So, today,, as your Dad ascends to Heaven,, by your testimony,, I'm sure he'll be welcomed with open arms & gain his wings.

Boolit Bub
    Sorry for the loss of your brother and your fathers troubles.
    I'll say a prayer for you all.

It could be worse. I watched my father, much like yours, and a pillar of his community and church slide into dementia and lived with it for 5 years.

Be thankful for your blessings. Our prayers lifted for you and your family.

A hard choice perhaps but a good one IMO.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master

I'm very sorry to hear what you are going through. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and wish for the best. It's tough losing a Dad.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm so sorry, I know how you must feel. God bless you and yours.
    Last edited by r80rt; 08-20-2021 at 05:04 PM.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me I am that fool.

I certainly have empathy for you and your family. I lost my father 4 years ago, and it still hurts. My greatest pain is not spending much time with him the last years of his life.....moving almost 2000 miles away cost me many hours with him!

May your father RIP, and wishing you and your family the strength to get through this! memtb
    You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“LETS GO BRANDON”

Moderator Emeritus

A great Father is a true blessing. You have been extremely lucky and thankfully you know it. As said, you will see him again someday. Prayers for you and your family.

Boolit Master
    Praying for you and your family.
    You've been blessed by this wonderful person in your life!!!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    There are no words to express our true sympathy for you and yours. God bless your house and all in it!
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master
    Sorry to hear of you having heart ache
    Just look at how fortunate you are to have such a loving family

Boolit Grand Master

I'm truly sorry to hear this. You and your Family will be in our prayers. I watched my Dad slowly die from Leukemia. Mom and I were both in the hospital room with him when he breathed his last breath. I don't think he knew we were there but I hope he did.

Boolit Grand Master

I have made that same decision and it brings a tear to my eye even now. My deepest sympathies and prayers to you, and all that loved him.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Condolences

Having lost my father and sister to cancer, i can relate somewhat. Prayers to you and your family as you go through these trying times. Stay strong for those that need you.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Grand Master
    That is so very hard
    I am sorry to hear that about your father
    condolences and gods speed
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master

There is no substitute for a good father. I was blessed to have one. My prayers are with you all.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast