RepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad DataLee Precision
PBcastco Inline Fabrication

Thread: Bought some ammo today.

Boolit Master

Bought some ammo today.

Found some affordable ammo today. Walmart had some Winchester 555's just under $24, 5 or 6 boxes. Had 2 or 3 boxes of 333's that were about a penny apiece more. Had some in 100 round boxes for about $9 a box. Could not see what brand, but were not CCI, Federal, Winchester or Remington. They had 2 or 3 boxes of CCI 22 Mag.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

Boolit Master
    My Walmarts shelves are bare!

Boolit Master

I saw some ammo in stock at the local Bi Mart yesterday for the first time in a while.
    22 lr, 9MM, and some rifle calibers.

Quote Originally Posted by NyFirefighter357 View Post
    My Walmarts shelves are bare!
    A lot of the WalMart stores are still hiding the ammo. You have to ask them what they have in order to find out. Corporate orders.

Banned
    I stopped in at Cabela's yesterday, just to see what's new. They had .22 rimfire, 300 round boxes of CCI RF, kinda pricy at $5.00 per 50. I bought some anyway. It is packaged in a cheap paper box that holds three of the plastic inserts from the 100 round plastic boxes. Looking at this and the price I paid for it my grumpy side kicked in. There was no way this box was going to withstand multiple range trips.

Getting home I dug around in the do not throw away pile and found 3 empty plastic boxes and dropped the loaded inserts in them. The flimsy paper box is in recycling.

Boolit Master
    it seems ammo is coming back but the prices sure aint what they used to be. palmetto state has a bunch of ammo in stock but the cheapest 22's are 10cents a round. last time I ordered from them 300/bx of mini mags were $12 on clearance -- oh those were the days I guess

Boolit Master
    it was probably 9 or 10 months before the election, Walmarts shelves were full, since I already have good supply of mini mags and cci quiets I bought up all the 500 boxes of federal and 555 boxes of winchesters I could find for $17.95 and the $19.95. and remember joking with sales guy that looked at me real funny. I told him, the election is coming up and things might get crazy in the availability of ammo and guns. he just couldn't stop laughing at me. now we see who got the last laugh

Boolit Grand Master
    I bought some Federal bulk pack HP stuff for 8 cents a round. Probably a bit high, but at least I have it now.

Last time I ordered from PSA they had Thunderbolt 22 ammo( yes I know it’s called thunder duds)it was $164. For 5000 rounds. I can shoot a lot of clays with that.

Boolit Grand Master

The only thing available at the LGS is CCI Quiet Semi Auto at $59.99 a brick with a one case maximum.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master
    I see down sth that cci std are $550aud for a case of 5000 which is pretty much like it was before things went sth.
    I doubt if I’ll see that price up here thou.
    Maybe $6-650 aud a case or $7.50 a pkt.

That’s only what $400 usd

Cheap

Banned
    It will take until the end of the year to get back towards normal but there will be a higher price as fuel prices are higher now and all the increases will get passed on to us including taxes too.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Alot of the little shops here don't bother to keep .22's right now as their cost is the same or more than what cheap mart sells it for at retail.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I stopped at Walmart today to grab SD cards for my rail cameras. They had 3, 125 round cartons of CCI 1875 FPS 22 WMR HP ammo for $22 ea!!! Limit still three so all went home with me.

Last edited by Tripplebeards; 09-03-2021 at 10:28 PM.