Load DataRotoMetals2RepackboxInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Very Clever Scam

Boolit Master
    Just read the first paragraph, then tell me this wasn't cooked up by some 'progressive' gov't agency with an agenda. Every DNC talking point is in there:

"The Household Pulse Survey is a 20-minute online survey studying how the coronavirus pandemic is impacting households across the country from a social and economic perspective. The survey asks questions about how childcare, education, employment, energy use, food security, health, housing, household spending, Child Tax Credit payments, and intention to receive a COVID-19 vaccination, have been affected by the ongoing crisis."
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Grand Master

I’m not saying to take the survey. I’m just pointing out it isn’t a scam.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Yes, this isn't a scam. I got three of them last year a month or so apart. No issue with completing them.

Shift+delete>enter

Boolit Master
    it was about a year a go some lady managed to make it all the way down my driveway said she was working for census wanted to know how many of us were there.
    that's about all the information the govt gonna get from round here other than the tax bill and vehicle registrations getting paid at county courthouse every year.
    I can't telly you how many 10's of thousands of email never even get looked at never mind opened.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    I’m not saying to take the survey. I’m just pointing out it isn’t a scam.
    It's real but it's just a survey.
    People shouldn't think it's mandatory and I don't think the gov't should be allowed to survey the public for political purposes. If this thing was written by The Democratic Nazi Coalition let them send it out.

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Got the old paypal scam,Your account has been suspended, Click on this link to verify you're CC information.

Boolit Master
    I got one a few weeks ago from the OPM, asking about my pension; How has it been affected, has it been reduced or offset for any reason, etc., telling me I have to include from my tax returns I threw it in the trash. Between the OPM and the DoD, they known everything they need to know, I'm not interested in any survey.

Boolit Master

Scam or not,
    They obviously have OP’s email address,
    They ask for his complete residential address
    His phone # to receive texts,
    His email address (odd because they had it to start and are specific the questionnaire was only being sent to certain people and not to be completed by someone other than the addressee)
    They ask vaccination status for all in household,
    If not vaxxed, reasons why,
    There are several multiple answer questions near the end that, depending on the answer, could red flag the addressee as emotionally unstable.

The document contains several statements about how privacy will be protected etc.
    I don’t think I’d answer the survey, at least not factually.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post
    ...and if i get one from a govt. Agency "inviting" me to participate ... I hit the delete button twice . . . then go and make sure i wash my hands well.
    classic !!!

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pressman View Post
    This was in today's email. Having not heard anything from the media I looked closer at this. The email addy seems legitimate, but reading further into the message I found several phrases that indicate it's a scam likely from Africa.
    If anyone get this, please don't respond. You have too much to loose.
    Ken

A Message from the U.S. Census Bureau U.S. Census Bureau <covid.survey@census.gov>
    (Para más información en español, vea al final de este mensaje)

The Census Bureau is asking for you to participate in a special COVID-19 survey, called the Household Pulse Survey. Your response to this survey is critical to supporting our nation’s recovery.

Take the survey

This survey is separate from the 2020 Census. Americans are facing significant changes in their finances, employment, health, education, and interactions with friends and family from the COVID-19 pandemic. Your answers, combined with other households across the country, can guide federal, state and local policymakers in making decisions that support our nation’s communities in their recovery.

While your participation is voluntary, it is important. This survey provides information that cannot be found elsewhere.

Thank you in advance for your time and participation. My sincere wishes for your good health and safety during this challenging time.

OMB Number
    This collection has been approved by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). The eight-digit OMB approval number is 0607-1013 and will appear at the bottom of each screen. Without this approval, we could not conduct this survey.

Authority and Confidentiality
    Title 13, United States Code, authorizes the U.S. Census Bureau to conduct this collection and to request your voluntary assistance.
    Mensaje de la Oficina del Censo de los EE. UU

La Oficina del Censo de los Estados Unidos le invita a participar en una encuesta especial del coronavirus, la Encuesta del Pulso de los Hogares. Esta encuesta se está llevando a cabo solo en los próximos cinco días. Es distinta al Censo del 2020.

Tomar la encuesta

Los residentes de este país están enfrentando cambios significativos en sus vidas como resultado del coronavirus (COVID-19). Muchos hogares han visto cambios en sus finanzas y empleo, en mantenerse saludable, en su educación y en socializar con amigos y familiares.

Sus respuestas, combinadas con las de otros hogares de todo el país, pueden guiar a los legisladores federales, estatales y locales a tomar decisiones que apoyen a las comunidades del país en su recuperación. Aunque su participación es voluntaria, es muy importante. Esta encuesta provee información que no se puede recopilar en ninguna otra parte.

La Encuesta del Pulso de los Hogares está disponible aquí.
    Tomar la encuesta

Gracias de antemano por su tiempo y por su participación. Mis más sinceros deseos de que goce de buena salud y seguridad durante estos tiempos de desafíos.

Número de la OMB
    Esta recopilación ha sido aprobada por la Oficina de Administración y Presupuesto (OMB). El número de ocho cifras de aprobación de la OMB es 0607-1013 y aparecerá al final de cada pantalla. Sin este número de aprobación, no podríamos llevar a cabo esta encuesta.

Autoridad y confidencialidad
    El Título 13 del Código de los Estados Unidos autoriza a la Oficina del Censo a llevar a cabo esta recopilación y a pedirle su ayuda voluntaria.
    Follow the link to opt out of future emails:
    Click here to unsubscribe
    first tip off was receiving a e-mail from the U.S Census Bureau
    they never ever contact you by e-mail
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12