RotoMetals2PBcastcoTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
RepackboxWidenersLoad DataLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: Henry Golden Boy, how lucky is this?

Henry Golden Boy, how lucky is this?

Early this year, when the ammo shortage hit really hard, I figured it'd be a good idea to sell
    off a bunch of factory ammo I'd never shoot anyway.

I cashed in at the LGS for store credit. I put a Golden Boy I've always on back order.
    They said it'd probably be this summer before it came in. I was OK with that.
    Henry was so overwhelmed with back orders for them that a week or so later, they quit taking back orders for them.

I hate to admit I was getting impatient, but I've really wanted a Henry .22, and was getting impatient.
    Last night, I sent my local guy a email and since I've seen the 20" blue steel version in stock here & there,
    I asked if I could switch out and get the blue steel one.
    The blue one with a octagon barrel is fine, I just wanted the GB one.

When I got up today--- at the crack of Noon,, he'd emailed me that the Golden Boy had come in this morning.
    How cool is that?

I was filling out the paperwork, and the counter guy asked me the date to double check himself.
    I told him I was picking up a new Henry I'd been waiting on since about March.
    I didn't care, and wasn't really sure if it was day light or dark, much less the correct date.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Buddy
    In my shoes. And where ever they take me.
    Congrats on the henry, is it your first? Im happy with my henry bbs. Plan on buying more henry products.

It's my first.
    I've had several Marlins, and still have a couple, but I've been thinning the herd and trying not to add to it.
    I had a #39, but let it go away about 15 years ago, and always wanted to replace it,, then the supply of them dried up.
    I just couldn't pass this deal up that was so close to it being free.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Good score! I have the H001T (black receiver/octagonal barrel) and love it.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Have the Golden Boy and reload 22 rimfires. One bullet I use is a custom mold clone of the UMC Target. It has a fat ogive vrs the narrow commercial ones. Called Henry asking iif they would re-engineer the lifter and chamber throat.
    Sure was the answer …sent the rifle and reloads, 3 weeks later done on a new latest Golden Boy version … Free
    Can’t Ask for Better Srevice
    Regards
    John

Boolit Bub
    You are going to like this rifle. I have GB since 2004, great rifle, smooth, slick, and good looking. Also they shoot very well.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Winger Ed - you are going to LOVE the Henry and congrats on it finally arriving.

I don't have a GB, but about ten years ago, I had a chance to buy a "new in box" blued Henry "youth model" Henry 22 lever gun with the old Brooklyn address. Even with the shorter youth stock, it is the handiest little rifle and I used it on the farm for "critter control". I put a "Cricket" scope on it and it was heck on the woodchucks.

Just before Covid hit, I was at a LGS picking up a new .223/5.56 rifle and I saw they had a few Henry 22s in stock - no GBsm but they had one of the 22 Frontier models with the octagon barrels - I had always wanted one with the octagon barrel so I told the owner I would take it - never even asked the price but he ended up giving me a discount as I was buying two rifles. It is a beautiful rifle and and all 3 of my Henrys (two 22s and a BB 35) have butter smooth actions. Fortunately I do have a small stash of 22 ammo but sure wish the prices and supply would get better so I could feel like I could shoot them more frequently.

Enjoy that new rifle and have fun!