Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Load DataInline FabricationRepackboxWideners
Reloading Everything

Thread: For Randy

Boolit Master

For Randy

Mr. Buchanan wanted a thread about shooting something.
    Well I shot a post. Minutes before the post shooting, I was working in the garage. Out across the yard strolled this big yellow tomcat.
    I have a pile of sand back there for masonry projects. Recently some cat had been using it as a litter box. Whatever cat has been using it, thought he was such a stud burying the deposit was not required.
    Anyway this cat was strolling away from the sand pile tail in the air, like he owned the place.
    So out comes an air gun. By the time the gun was unlimbered the cat was out of sight behind a shed.
    I had no intention of shooting the cat, but just intended to send him on his way. So I shot the post near where he was last seen.
    Quiet for a few seconds, then the cat burst into view, running full out, with a very brushy tail standing straight up.
    Maybe this is where the term "hightailing it" comes from.
    The cat was going to cross an opening, so quickly working the bolt, I sent him another one.
    Unlike a coyote, he did not have another gear to slip into as a pellet hit behind him.
    Anyway, pretty funny sight.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Boolit Master

Cats to lazy to bury their deposits do not get a pass , luckily the 2 cats that call home are good mousers and do not leave deposits above ground .

Banned
    I keep my son's old Daisy Red Ryder (he's now 33 years old) next to my work bench. We have the occasional cat that strolls along our back fence on his way around the neighborhood. They like to leave their "stuff" behind.

One day I saw a cat and took the BB gun out o my patio. My wife saw me and said "please don't shoot that poor cat!" I told her "watch this"

I shot the fence boards about 10 feet behind the cat. That was enough to make him break into a run and over my fence and out of sight. She said "that's why you keep that old BB gun around!"

Steve in N CA

Boolit Master

Darn right! That's why we keep our airguns handy, everyone needs a pest rifle, even us city dwellers!
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Boolit Buddy
    I prefer to use a Very large tom named FLASH. He is king around the house and has the scars to prove it. Ran a Golden out of the yard awhile back and the mail lady is afraid of him. In keeping with the OP. I shot my Colt model P today( pinecones in the back 40) I live rural. Nice thing is if you hit in front of the pinecone, say two-three inches, it still looks like you hit it kinda like shooting balloons/aspirin quick draw using shot loads.
    Do I have a knife....Ive got my pants on don't I.

OK my wife's Daisy BB gun that she never shoots is our primary varmint gun. I put a Weapons Light on it because it gets shot mostly at night. It is the primary Coon Gun and I won't hesitate to shoot a Stray Cat with it. We have a big White Cat with black spots that lives down the street and comes by every so often to Pee on everything. My Cat "Taz" doesn't like him but the other cat is much bigger so he usually wins the stand off. I haven't gotten a shot at him yet.

The BB gun doesn't seem to phase the coons at all, and I've gotten many shots onto them but they still come back an hour later.
    Like I said somewhere above my Wife has had better luck Barking at them. The Skunk hasn't been around for a week or so after she barked at him!

The Motion Sensor Sprinkler has been doing a decent job of keeping the Coons off her two small gardens in the back yard.

Amazing how much fun all of this is???,,, and thanks for the Thread!!!

Many here live vicariously thru our exploits into the world of obscure pleasures.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Buddy
    Hey...I think you may be right with your "Hightail" definition!
    JW
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!