Load DataRepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Wideners Lee Precision

Thread: Small score today!

Boolit Master

Small score today!

Picked up a 20-odd lb. roll of stained-glass channel for $10 at a community sale this morning: 99% Pb, .5% Sn, .5% Sb. Roll was in a box of craft supplies: glass plates, cutting tools, soldering iron, etc. that they had priced for $10. Sale was benefit for the YMCA and I offered $10 for just the spool of lead so they got their asking price and could still sell the rest for whatever it would bring.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Banned
    That sounds like a win win for all parties involved.

Boolit Grand Master

That was thoughtful of you.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Lead came (what it is called ) is a nice source for casting materials. Treat is as pure Pb as your casting formula for the alloy calc on here.

I have many hundreds of pounds of old came from destroyed stained glass artwork windows from old churches. Sad to know where it came from but that is the way of the world today. "destroy what is old..................to make way for what is new".

My 1880's-build childhood church in the Midwest "ran into a wrecking ball" many years ago and I was able to salvage organ pipes and many pieces of the beautiful stained glass windows that adorned the edifice.

Sad.

banger

Boolit Master
    Finding lead is always a good thing. I made a small score two days ago, but it was pewter, not lead. Found two items, for a little over $3. Total weight was 11.5 ounces .

Boolit Grand Master

Lead Came is a great source of lead ... Near my house there is an art supply business , the owner does stained glass for doors and windows and teaches a Stained Glass Art Class . My wife and Daughter both took the class ... I got their scrap Came and one day while in the shop I asked the owner about what did they do with scraps ... She gave me a box full of cut off pieces and trimmings ...
    She's my new best friend . Check Stained Glass and art businesses , they might be a good source of clean soft lead .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    I found 2 one pound rolls of solder for stain glass work at pawn shop for $1 each. I think its 95% tin. just keeping it safe for now