Inline FabricationReloading EverythingWidenersSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load Data
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uberti down under 45-70

Boolit Master

Yeah those ugly side hammers and for goodness sakes a single shot , in what a black powder cartridge , Wow stone age almost unbelievable and so retro .

Oh a year ago a Sharps was a so so desire , but now 3 have come to roost 1 more in NICS delay limbo also known as waiting periods and another on order with the desire for a 1877 Sharps on my mind .

Yes those rolling blocks and winchester / brownings 78/85 are also very appealing . Buy them all .

Boolit Grand Master
    Evoken, Just a thought here; if the trap door is otherwise acceptable, that sewer pipe barrel could be relined. Over in Gettysburg is a guy, Bob Hoyt, that does exceptional work. Just FYI

Boolit Buddy
    I think I will let the trap door slide, it may be a great shooter but it's just not the one for me. Not sure why, but that one doesn't call out to me. I'm sure you guys know how that goes.

Boolit Master

Yes on this site there are a lot who hear the firearms calling them the song of the sirens sadly I also am afflicted .

Boolit Buddy
    I certainly wouldn't call it an affliction, although my darling wife might.....

I also agree with your previous post, I want them all.

I knew there'd be someone who'd be offended that I mentioned not liking big side hammer actions, even if I preceded it with "no offense".

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by marlinman93 View Post
    I knew there'd be someone who'd be offended that I mentioned not liking big side hammer actions, even if I preceded it with "no offense".
    I am now greatly offended and will have to go cower in my safe space........

Certain designs definitely appeal to other folks differently, but I will withhold all judgment on any firearm until I shoot it. It is after all still a firearm, and like previously stated I want at least one of all of them.

Boolit Master

I was not offended , I was joking , I like them all , always have . I buy as the urge strikes me when I see something at a fair price , sometimes one has to stop looking , as they multiply pretty fast .

Boolit Master
    I used to have a bunch of 45-70 single shot rifles of all action types. Thought it was the greatest cartridge out there. Then, I hunted with a 50-70 Trapdoor. WOW, what a difference! I think I have two of the small bores left.

Kevin
    Knowledge I take to my grave is wasted.

I prefer to use cartridges born before I was.

Success doesn't make me happy, being happy is what allows me to be successful.

Back when the single shot bug bit me I made an effort to own one example of every maker's single shot. I had almost all the old US maker's single shots, plus a few European examples. The one missing one was a Farrow, which are so rare that I couldn't find one I could afford.
    But after accumulating a fairly large number of examples I began selling most of them off to support the single shots I really liked the best. Marlin Ballard, and Remington Hepburn and Rolling Block rifles. They now are 95% of my collection of single shot rifles, and still the ones I shoot the most.

Boolit Master
    Modern 1885 High walls will take some pretty stiff loads equivilaent to Ruger No 1 loads. Anything with a curved steel butt plate will be a shoulder killer.
    I have a.Shiloh Long Range Express pretty much any loads within reason are quite comfortable on the shoulder but at 14 lbs it's not for carrying around.
    Heaviest bullet I've fired 510 gr .459 manual say 1600 fps 45/70 btw.

Boolit Master

And today I was able to bring home the 50-90 Pedersoli from NICS purgatory , now 4 in 4 different calibers .

Boolit Buddy
    Couple years ago Dixie Gin Works was running a special on there Pedersoli Old West Maple sharps blemished models. They where at the price point of the rifle that you where interested in buying. I got one and did not know what to expect. Two little stock dents you really have to look hard to see is all I have ever found. I probably shoot this rifle the most. Either a 405gr with universal or a 220gr load with universal also. I also purchased the crosno .22 liner for it. That's a lot of fun. Keep your eyes open or even call Dixie and see if they might be getting ready to run some more sometime.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12