Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Wideners Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new 1894CS -Loads. What works & what doesn't

Boolit Mold
    In a long gun your revolver load will be much faster, you can back off and enjoy or study the cowboy loads for fun shooting

Boolit Master
    I was out last week with mine shooting mainly .38 Spl cast loads. I tried quite a few different cast bullets and found a Lyman 358495 was superbly accurate out to 75~100 yards. I shot at 150 ~ 200 yards and found nothing beat the Lee 130 RNF and/or 158 RNF. I had high hopes for the Lyman 358156 and 358429...both failed miserably. I really expected the 358429 to be exceptionally accurate; it turned out to be teh least accurate of them all. I sized all cast bullets to .359".

Boolit Master
    I just traded into a JM 1894c .357 with Ballard rifling. Unfortunately, with temps in lo 90s I haven't made the trek to the range yet. I have some RD 175 RNFP GCs with a near max load of 2400 that I plan to try out. I just got Skinner front and rear sights to install and will do that prior to the range trip. GF

Wally I load my 358429 bullets over 14.5 gr of 5227. This is a Ron Flexall recommended load for accuracy. From reading I figured the bullet need to be pushed for accuracy. This is a max load listed in Lyman manuals. I am not much of a shot but off a rest this load cut a ragged hole at 25 and 5o yards using a 1.5x x 5x scope.

The load is pleasant enough out of the 1894. a handful in my 4.2" GP-100.

Take Care

Bob
    Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Master
    Thanks, Bob! I have tried stout loads of 2400 and never found them to be accurate. The Lee 130/158 RNF's are very accurate for me--as are any 148 WC bullets. This is one of those times that I really wanted a bullet to work....and I only found dissappointment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12