Reloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Load DataTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Thursday, August 12

For Thought and Meditation - Thursday, August 12

Good morning all. Today's devotion should be a warning to us all. Have a safe and blessed day.

Thursday, August 12, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    Where We Ought to Be

“Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.”
    —2 Chronicles 7:14

On the wall of the Jefferson Memorial in Washington, DC, are these words from President Thomas Jefferson: “God who gave us life gave is liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, that his justice cannot sleep forever.”

Someone conducted a study of the world’s great civilizations and noted that every nation has an average cycle of 200 years. They looked at various nations that came into prominence and then disappeared into obscurity.

And interestingly, each one of these nations went through the same sequence. They went from spiritual faith to great courage, from great courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependency, and from dependency into bondage again.

Where do you think America is today? I think the problem is that many Americans don’t know—and many don’t care.

Any civilization that ultimately collapsed, or was overcome by a foreign power, first fell apart on the inside.

For example, as the Roman Empire rose to greatness, they no doubt assumed they would be around for centuries to come. But they were crumbling on the inside.

I believe the same is happening in America today. There’s moral decay on the inside.

We need to get back to the true God, not just spirituality. We need to get back to the God that our founding fathers believed in when they established this nation: The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Yes, we need to get back to the God who sent His Son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for our sin. We need to get back to the true and living God who can save America.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master
    Amen, good message.

Boolit Master

Amen, I can't agree more!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Couldn't agree more . Good message .
    No turning back , No turning back !