Titan ReloadingRepackboxReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee Precision
Wideners RotoMetals2

Thread: Kynoch 9.5 M-S Factory Ammo

Boolit Master

Kynoch 9.5 M-S Factory Ammo

I was cleaning out my Uncle's reloading room and came across 20 rounds of Kynoch 9.5 M-S Factory Ammo(aka 9.5mm Mannlicher Schoenauer, 375 Rimless NE) soft point ammo on stripper clips for use with the M1910 rifle. Sadly the rifle is long gone, and I just can't bring myself to pull the cool old ammo down for components so they need a good home somewhere in the US.

I'd like enough for a nice bottle of single malt to toast to the memory of my Uncle with.

John in Oregon

Boolit Master
    Don't pull it down. For the collector with a 1910 the rounds and the stripper clip are an amazing find. If I had a 1910 I'd be thrilled. Someone will be delighted to send a bottle of single malt to you and probably also toast their good fortune to find these.

Banned

I may be interested if you can post pics!

Boolit Buddy
    In my youth I bought an old but good M1905 Mannlicher Schonauer carbine in 9x56. Serial number was 2026, which I like to think made it "first year" or pretty close. Barrel was 17.7", the same as the 1903 (later M1905 were about 19") and the pistol grip rounded (later were capped). The story was that it had come via India in the 1920s. It had a leather slip case and 110 rounds of Kynoch ammo. Bullets were nickel jacketed, cartridge boxes were buff coloured, cartridges were in DM clips in boxes of 10.

The rifle is long gone, but I still have one box of original ammo.

Incidentally it shot very well with #3589HP, sized .360 (barrel was .353" but throat .359"). HP bullet was a little over 260 gns and did 1900 fps with 40 gns 3031. It needed the heavy bullets for a proper zero. Groups were consistenty around 1.25" at 50 meters. Cases were Kynoch berdan, sized down Norma 9.3x57 and sized up WRA military 8x57.

It was a great pig gun and the stripper clips helped keep up the rate of fire. On the flip side it probably bears a lot of the blame for my now diminished hearing.
    It'll be handy if I never need it.

Insomniac, agnostic, dyslectic - awake all night wondering if there is a Dog.