Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad Data
Repackbox
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What is your #1 .22 revolver?

Boolit Master
    My most accurate .22 revolver is a Colt Diamondback, 4" blue with the original stocks on it. It always prints where ever the sights are looking. Got it by trading off a '98 Mauser I had that had been re-barreled (into a .243), re-blued and aftermarket stock and scope installed (bought it in this condition). The owner of the revolver wanted my rifle and I wanted his revolver. We traded even.

My handiest .22 revolver is a S&W model 43 Airweight Kit Gun, aluminum frame and cylinder. While chambered for .22 Long Rifle it does not like high velocity ammo and sticks fired cases in the chambers. I gladly fire standard velocity ammo in it. It is so light it is very easy to forget that it is on my hip. This one also produces tight groups, like the Diamondback above.

Boolit Buddy
    Dan Wesson 22 Silhouette

Another Ruger single six vote ...
    Picked mine up years ago in my cowboy days on a ranch south of Ely , Nevada.
    Pulled the trigger so much that I think it has contributed to my tinnitus but so much fun.
    Shooting from hip , surprised myself as I got to be able to hit a five gal bucket at 20 yds. most of the time
    Was always with me when riding in the mountains pushing cows.
    It is much easier to fool people ,
    than to convince them they have been fooled !

If you can read this , thank a teacher ...
    If you can read this in English , .. thank a Vet !

My Ruger .22 Bisley. Only .22 revolver left in my safe. Found a .22 mag Single Six cylinder at a gun show, it dropped in and lined up perfectly. Even more accurate than the original .22LR cylinder.
    “The State that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools.”
    ― Thucydides

“The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.”
    ― Thucydides

Boolit Mold
    Old model single six 22lr/22mag

Boolit Master
    A Ruger Mk II. I haven't had a .22 actual revolver in decades. I want one, though! Keep looking at the one that gets advertised for $119, and looks like a SAA Colt .45, but has a safety next to the hammer spur. Mama says I have enough guns.

Made in 1969, the first year that a start up company founded by a certain Karl Nill supplied the grips for Willi Korth.

A 1969 Korth series 24. The first of many Korths that I bought and that relegated all other .22 l.r. revolvers to the back of the safes, or straight into the for sale sections.

Boolit Master
    6-1/2" OMSS Magnum.

Found a cpl pics of my Colt New Frontier...tied with my M-18 Smith for most fun .22 revolver. I made up the Tom Threepersons style holster for the Colt.

Rod

Boolit Grand Master
    My DW .22 I used to shoot in IHMSA competition. The one I shoot now is my S&W 617

Boolit Master
    My single 6. Five and a half in. barrel.
    Old retired guy in Baton Rouge La.

Have only owned one. Dan Wesson at Cabelas a few yrs back. Had to get it. What an overpriced junker. The sights were cockeyed. The latch was loose. The chambers were extremely rough and it shot around six inch groups off a rest at 50' I disassembled and fixed what I could and set to carefully remove the giant boring ridges that the factory ignored. This went on for awhile but the chamber mouths are a lot smoother and although they are, close to oversized, they are all about the same size and the gun shoots around two inch groups and often has a few cylinders shoot dead on. I expected more from my first DW .22 ever seen.

Boolit Master
    I have not had good luck with .22 revolvers accuracy wise. I'm sure some are. Try before you buy.

Boolit Buddy
    That Korth is a beauty. I have had the opportunity to shoot a couple 357's. They are pretty awesome!

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Only .22 revolver I have right now is a Wrangler, and it is an impressive $200.00 sixgun. Honestly, my meager skills couldn't take advantage of anything nicer so I'll stick with it. Planning to pick up one of the new birdshead grip versions too.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Mold
    Cape Cod in summer, Barefoot Bay, FL in winter.
    Most fun gun. Stainless Ruger Convertible Single Six with the 6.5" barrel. I am 80 years old and it takes me back to being a kid with a love for cowboy guns. A close second would be the 4" S&W K-Frame Pre-Model 17. It had been sent back to the factory for the 4" barrel and I bought it with the letter from S&W attesting to that. It is the same as the Model 18, except it has the target front sight.

I was in my mid 20's before I became drawn to the handgun for both hunting and target shooting. Thanks to Skeeter Skeleton and Ed McGivern. I purchased a S&W Model 17 and started down the path serious double action and long distance shooting. I can't even begin to estimate the number of rounds I fired through that gun, but I will say it taught me more than any other handgun I've ever owned hands down. Sadly, I lost it due to a theft on night at my home years ago. I really couldn't afford another one for a good number of years, but life got better and I remedied that situation some 10 years back. I found a very clean Pre 17 and we've became good friends. My 68 year old eyes won't let me do what my earlier Model 17 would do over 40 years ago. The last time I had it out plinking a month or so back, I managed to roll 5 out of 6 various tin cans, rouge dirt clogs and rocks at respectable ranges from 10 to 25 yards.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

My small bore Revolver Class silhouette gun for 30 years, that I kept when I retired from competition. It is my old, new model, Ruger NR-9. It has Packmeyer Signature grips and a trigger job. Other than those two legal mods, it is 100% stock. It is a great shooting single action revolver.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Grand Master

Ruling out the couple of S&W #1's we have there has only been one .22 revolver in our house. I think it is an H&R 999 with a 6 inch barrel. Only reason we have it was to help out the widow of a good friend who past on 20 years ago. My FIL "borrowed" it for years trying to hold down the raccoon issues.
    When I want to use a .22 we have a 1st Model Ruger that gets put to use.
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Buddy
    The Colt Officers Model Match .22 is the best shooting .22 revolver, but I have an Iver Johnson Supershot Sealed Eight from 1938 more fun. It does not group quite as nicely as the Colt, but it acquits itself nicely in club matches sometimes besting guns that cost a lot more. The five inch bull barrel High Standard Citation is just plain scary accurate. In the mid-Eighties when small bore IHMSA matches were being held at French Range on Fort Knox it we tried it out on a lark. Even shooting cheap Winchester T22 it was capable of cleaning the course. It would hold its own competing in any class except revolver.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast