Load DataRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders JerkyWideners
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What is your #1 .22 revolver?

Boolit Master

Colt Peacemaker .22 - 6" bbl. Highly accurate with .22Mags too.
    Also fond of Ruger Single-Six - 6 1/2" bbl .22Mag, later fitted with .22LR cylinder.
    And Super Single-Six Convertible - 5 1/2" bbl.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Bub
    Hard to limit to just one .22 revolver. I do like my Ruger single sixes (one in 9.5 inch and the other in 5.5 inch). Of course I cannot forget the S&W models ( one 63 and the other an 18). Finally, an H&R model 999 (just a fun pistol to shoot!). They are all my favorites!

Boolit Master

My old Colt Police Positive target.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master
    Since I only have one 22LR revolver, I'd have to say my favorite is a Ruger Single Six.

Ruger Single Six Convertible 5 1/2"; S&W Model 17 8 3/8"
    "And some like two guns. But one's all you need if you can use it..." - Shane

For me it is my 67 yr old K-22. It is one of the most accurate revolvers I ever owned or shot, and it actually shoots right along with my son's Ruger 5 1/2" target auto.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Another 1953 Smith & Wesson K22 Masterpiece. I let a Dan Wesson go some years ago that I should have kept.

Boolit Grand Master
    Which is your favorite child?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3788.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	287338Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3735.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	287339
    I can't decide between the Colt Officer's Model Match (1928-on the left of it's 38 brother) or the S&W M-17 (1974). Both are superbly accurate, but the Smith has a wonderful double action, courtesy of 40,000 plus rounds of K-mart, Wards and latterly Walmart cheapy bulk 22's. The single action of the Colt is slightly better.

I also have a S&W M-63 that rates very high, and I had an old Ruger Single six that was just like The First Revolver I ever fired.

But truth to tell, my favorite 22's are the old Colt's Woodsman guns. I have three pre-war, one Target model from 1951 and a Huntsman from the late 60's. Which is my favorite depends on which I'm shooting that day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 011.jpg  
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Quote Originally Posted by MFGordon View Post
    My favorite 22 revolver is my Smith & Wesson Model 34 Kitgun with a four inch barrel that I bought new on 1981. I have shot around 80,000 round through it and it only seems to shoot better with time. The double action trigger pull is silky smooth and shoots about the same if I were shooting single action. It's only quirk is that in order avoid leading it must shoot way lubed bullets.
    I am not sure I would kill for one of those but pillage and burn, probably. The 4" guns are prohib up here but if there ever was a revolver that would find it's way into my engine compartment as I crossed our border it would have to be it.

I do have a Riger SP-01 in .22lr with a 4.25" barrel so maybe pillage and burn are not on the table. The SP-01 is close to the Kit gun in size. Shooting the Ruger SA wirks as well as an off the chart DA trigger pull can. I have to investigate a lighter main spring. :>)

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Quote Originally Posted by robertbank View Post
    I am not sure I would kill for one of those but pillage and burn, probably. The 4" guns are prohib up here but if there ever was a revolver that would find it's way into my engine compartment as I crossed our border it would have to be it.

I do have a Riger SP-01 in .22lr with a 4.25" barrel so maybe pillage and burn are not on the table. The SP-01 is close to the Kit gun in size. Shooting the Ruger SA wirks as well as an off the chart DA trigger pull can. I have to investigate a lighter main spring. :>)

Take Care

Bob
    Bob, can you pack that Ruger while hiking or just woods walking, legally? That would make a great little grouse gun.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master

For accuracy certainly my 50's vintage S&W K-22
    For just kicking around in the woods it would be my late 60s vintage Ruger #1 semi-auto

The best of both worlds then is my Browning Medalist
    Death to every foe and traitor and hurrah, my boys, for freedom !

Boolit Master
    Maybe not the most accurate .22, but my favorite is the Ruger Bearcat. A sweet little jewel, but not delicate. Also love the Smith & Wesson 34 and my old Charter Pathfinder.

Quote Originally Posted by murf205 View Post
    Bob, can you pack that Ruger while hiking or just woods walking, legally? That would make a great little grouse gun.
    No, not legally. I could get a Wilderness Permit but that involves .357mag as a minimum cartridge. Trudeau is determined to keep us safe. Unfortunately, there is nobody to protect us from him! We have an election call in the offing so with some luck maybe we can send him packing. Hope springs eternal.

Take Care

Bob
    ps Yes you are right the SP-01 in .22lr do../would make an excellent Grouse gun.
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Buddy
    I have a SW model 34 4". Love it!

Boolit Master

Ruger SS Bearcat and a 6.5 in heritage arms. Tim

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Of the .22 revolvers I have owned I'd say the short barrel version of the Colt New Frontier was the best . Current gun is a Smith & Wesson Kit Gun .
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Boolit Master
    My 34-1 gets the nod here, I did put a set of larger grips on it for better control.

Boolit Master
    A Ruger Bisley .22 I've had since I was old enough to purchase a hand gun, and a Smith & Wesson 617 with a 4 inch barrel. Both are track drivers capable of shooting better than I'm able to utilize. It just depends if I'm plinking or working on my double action form, so I can't rank one above the other.

Boolit Bub
    I would also vote for the S&W 617 with the 4 inch barrel. My old Bearcat is a close second but the fixed sights make it a bit more challenging! I get to enjoy the Ruger GP100, Single Ten, and Single Six Colorado Centennial model that my sons have, so I consider myself rather spoiled!

My Dan Wesson. It's also my only .22 revolver. The rest are High Standards or Colt.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_3752.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	287515
    Deplorable infidel

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast