Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxReloading Everything
RotoMetals2WidenersLoad DataSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Friday, August 06

For Thought and Meditation - Friday, August 06

Good morning all. Good message for today. Too often we confuse judgement with condemnation. Have a safe and blessed day.

Friday, August 6, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    Love, Acceptance, and Judgment

“An open rebuke is better than hidden love! Wounds from a sincere friend are better than many kisses from an enemy.”
    —Proverbs 27:5–6

What verse from the Bible would you choose if you had to name your favorite one?

If you asked a nonbeliever that question, it most likely would be one of these two: “Do not judge others, and you will not be judged” (Matthew 7:1 NLT), and “Let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone!” (John 8:7 NLT).

Usually they like to quote one or both of these verses when you’re talking to them about their need for Jesus Christ and the need to turn from their sin.

For instance, they may get really indignant and say, “Well, doesn’t the Bible say, ‘Do not judge others, and you will not be judged’ and ‘Let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone’?”

In other words, “Will you please go away now?”

The problem is they completely misinterpret what those verses mean. Was Jesus actually saying that a Christian is never to judge anyone or anything? Was He saying that we should never make an evaluation of a situation or a person’s conduct? Should we never, in any way, use our discernment and instead accept everyone and everything?

No, that is not what Jesus was saying.

As Christians, we should be discerning but not condemning. When Jesus said, “Do not judge others, and you will not be judged,” He wasn’t saying that a Christian must love and accept everyone and never comment on their actions, conduct, or lifestyle.

The reality is that if you really care for someone, you need to tell them the truth. And sometimes you have to confront people about the sin that is keeping them from God. The Bible even tells us to speak the truth in love (see Ephesians 4:15).

So, if you have some friends who will tell you the truth, be thankful. Because they are true friends.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen to this message - There is a lot of understanding to be had in this area. Thanks for the Scripture and word this morning
    Being human is not for sissies.

USMC 77, USRA 79

Hmmmm... something to think about.
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Grand Master
    Good points PB!!!

I have a couple of acquaintances that are homosexual. They are good people and highly intelligent. I enjoy their company. I can "love" the person but hate the sin. I am not comfortable enough to talk to them about their lifestyle as I have struggles with my own faith at times. And I am not sure how much of my "judgement" is due to my revulsion wrt to their choice or how the Bible speaks to it.

In one case, the young man comes from a very Christian couple we are close friends with. He has contemplated suicide. He will no longer attend church. Watching this family struggle is painful at times.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Amen, A tree will bear fruit of its kind and we are to be fruit inspectors.