Reloading EverythingWidenersTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Load DataRepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Load data for Contender 300 Whisper

Boolit Buddy

Load data for Contender 300 Whisper

Apparently there are a couple different versions of the "Complete Reloading Manual for the Thompson/Center Contender". My manual does not list any load data for the 300 Whisper, it has 30 Carbine, 30-30 and 30 Herrett. I am asking if anyone has the manual that lists the 300 Whisper loads and if so, would you be so kind to take a picture or scan the pages you have for the Whisper. I recently purchase a 14" barrel from Ed's Contenders and want to shoot some boolits using Unique. I have a number of manuals but none that lists what I'm wanting to try. I can always start low and develop a load and will do that if I get no response here. Thanks in advanced for your input.

wcp

Boolit Grand Master
    One of the more recent manuals I have, I think it is the Lyman #50, has data listed for both the .300 Whisper and the .300 Blackout in one section. It makes sense, they are both basically a thirty caliber round on the .221 Fireball case. I'll look tonight to make sure.

Sorry, no way to scan, and I don't have a digital camera.

Robert

They are both covered in one section of Lyman's 50th ed. reloading manual.

I guess my memory isn't as bad as I thought.

R
    Last edited by Mk42gunner; 08-05-2021 at 06:21 PM. Reason: confirmation of info.

About 8 gr Unique is max pressure wise, 5 min for sub sonic, 7gr max for heavy subs. I've used 2400, cfe pistol with 145 to 170 gr cast, works fine in CVA SS or AR 10" pistol or 16" carbine. I've not tried unique in BO yet, 2400 seems to work so much better in my rifles.
    Whatever!

The Sierra manual had loads listed in the single shot section that I referenced when I was loading for a 300 whisper. I’ll try to remember to get a pic when I get home.

I ran grt for unique with 180 gr. 5gr gets just barely super without over pressure. Most pistol powders about the same.
    Whatever!

Boolit Buddy

You can try emailing SSK for their load data. They were happy to send me load data for a couple JDJ rounds.

support@sskfirearms.com