Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee Precision
RepackboxLoad DataWidenersTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Wednesday, August 04

For Thought and Meditation - Wednesday, August 04

Good morning all. Boy, did this message speak loudly to me today. Have a safe and blessed day.

Wednesday, August 4, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    When It’s Time to Walk Away

“Don’t waste what is holy on people who are unholy. Don’t throw your pearls to pigs! They will trample the pearls, then turn and attack you.”
    —Matthew 7:6

When I was a brand-new Christian, I went out sharing my faith with a guy who was younger than me. We walked up to a really big biker who was all tatted up and wearing a vest with no shirt.

So when the guy who was with me started sharing the gospel with this biker, the biker looked at him and said, “Shut up, man! I’ll punch your face in!”

I said, “Okay, let’s go.”

But this guy was determined, and he kept preaching to the biker. Meanwhile, the biker was getting really irritated. Finally, he said to the biker, “Okay, we’ll leave, because we’re casting our pearls before pigs!”

We made it out of there alive. But I realized that some verses are in-house verses, like the one my fellow Christian boldly referred to that day: “Don’t waste what is holy on people who are unholy. Don’t throw your pearls to pigs! They will trample the pearls, then turn and attack you” (Matthew 7:6 NLT).

This is the type of verse we quote to explain something to another believer; it’s not one we quote to the nonbeliever we’re speaking with. It may be relevant, but there’s a time and a place for everything.

Sometimes when you’re sharing with people, they’ll turn on you. And throwing “your pearls to pigs” means giving something valuable to someone who doesn’t care.

Pigs like to live in slop and filth. That’s how pigs roll. It’s where they’re comfortable. So if you give some pearls to a pig, the pig isn’t going to appreciate those pearls. Now, if you give that pig some fresh garbage, you’ll have one happy pig.

In the same way, there are some people who simply don’t want to hear the gospel. And there may come a moment when you need to just walk away.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

The use of pigs like to live in slop is not true at all . The only reason they live that way is because their care taker is too lazy to clean their pen and give them fresh bedding!!!!

Agree with Auger, while a pig loves a good wallow in the mud. It will sleep clean and dry if given a chance.

But the lesson still holds true. Spread the good news, but spread it on fertile ground where those seeds can sprout and grow.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Quote Originally Posted by augercreek View Post
    The use of pigs like to live in slop is not true at all . The only reason they live that way is because their care taker is too lazy to clean their pen and give them fresh bedding!!!!
    How about we just admit that a pig is probably a lot more comfortable in a mud hole than you or I would be. I have personally observed some pretty happy pigs rooting around in the mud. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Good message to keep in mind . I run into a situation like this only occasionally . When a 'bad' encounter happens I pretty much just blow it off and try to leave them with ;

Well . You might reconsider GOD or just...You'll be in my thoughts . I hope you find the peace that only GOD can give . I never argue , I never double down because it only makes them fight GOD even more . Read the story of the forty that Christ sent out , the instruction Jesus gave them are simple and to the point of spreading his word .

So Yes ! Sometime you just dust off your sandals and move on .
    No turning back , No turning back !