Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyInline FabricationLoad Data
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2RepackboxWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: What's up with Magma these days?

Boolit Buddy

What's up with Magma these days?

In the past the customer support of Magma Engeneering has been excellent.

Since the middle of May I've sent 3 mails regarding spare parts for my Bullet Master. In the past they've always answered in a few days, and shipped the parts within the same week.

I seen on their website that they are having problems with orders because of the covid situation. Of course that's understandable today, the world being like it is. Anyway, I'm a bit surprised and worried not being able to reach them by mail. I'm running a small casting business and bering able to get spare parts are very important.

Since English not being my native language, I'm somewhat hesitant to call.

Does anyone know anything about this situation? Have anyone talked to anyone at Magma for the last few moths?

Thanks

Sent fra min YAL-L21 via Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I haven’t been in contact with them directly but I know they were struggling to get skilled staff even before Covid. Took them several months to find a welder to repair my sizer.

I’ve also seen on this forum that they’ve ceased accepting all orders until they could get caught up on back log orders. Apparently they had 2 years of orders in backlog.

I’m not sure but if their that swamped that may be why they aren’t replying. The world today is not fun for businesses with everything that’s going on. I just hope they get caught up soon.

Boolit Grand Master
    Sir,
    You write better than many Americans so I would not worry too much about your ability to communicate with them.

In any case, I worked for a company in Finland and they were very fluent in English. I suspect there are many Norwegians businessmen/women that are the same. Do you have a business associate who can be with you on the phone when you call?

BTW, I contacted Magma about 3-4 months ago and was told they were too backed up. Casting is not a business for me so more of a disappointment than a problem.

One last thought. Place an ad in the S&S section of this site for WTB (Want to Buy) for the parts you need. Someone may be able to help you out.

I hope you get your issues resolved.
    Don Verna

Boolit Mold
    I called only a few days ago, they had told me they are very backed up. I cant even get on a list to be put on the back order list for a master caster. was told they only have one person that builds those. and they are out one full year.

July 29th I believe was the day I called.

Ordered my master caster right before COVID hit. One year later it was at my door. Well worth the wait.