Titan ReloadingRepackboxInline FabricationWideners
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: Boolits for a 277 bore. Mad Dog Weapon Systems 277 Wolverine.

Boolit Master

Boolits for a 277 bore. Mad Dog Weapon Systems 277 Wolverine.

I just got, from a member here ,a 277 Wolverine AR upper. I have it put together with my lower and BCG and It is ready to go shooting. About 500 empty brass came with it. All the data I have been able to find wants Shooters World Black, CFE blackout, or AA 1680. With a smattering of data for H110, IMR 4227, Lil Gun, and a couple of SR powders. I believe I can overcome the powder problem. The other problem is bullets. I did find some 115 gr FMJ which I think I can use. I will have to find the twist rate . But what I really want to do is shoot some cast through it. That Lee 135 gr boolit looks good to me and all the other Lee boolits that are similar in profile that I have tried have been easy to get good results with. I have lead, and can get more. I have been tempted to look at 30 Carbine data to get a variety of powder possibilities and may explore that some for mild loads. I have already bought some gas checks.

On a whim I got two of the Lee 2 cavity blank molds a while back. My plan was to make some buckshot molds on my drill press but some early experiments with an old mold have convinced me that there is too much slop in the drill press linkage to be useful for anything but the most crude and variable result. I can now produce lead cylinders in 6 different diameters and weights, Not quite what I was after. But now I am thinking of how I might get a light .278" boolit mold made from one of my two blanks. Or i could wait till one of those lee molds shows up someplace I guess. This is a fine rabbit hole to go down, it seems to me.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master
    I think I have found a pretty good 7 Tcu load with the very similar Lee 130. Good luck on your quest for the C277-135-RF.

I have made some good oddball light for caliber molds that allow me to shoot low power loads from my Contender.

Attached is a photo of a 32 cal mold that makes a good 55 gr (with 2 cavities). I later added a single 78 gr cavity. Note that a Lee 2 cav blank is good for 3 or 4 cavities at 7mm and smaller.

I use the 55 gr sized to 0.311" for light loads in a 30 Herrett among other guns.

Also attached is a photo of a simple profile 70 gr bullet that works well for light loads in my 7 TCU.

For really light loads, I can get away with tumble lube (I use BLL). For a loads with a bit more umph, I use PC. The PC coated 7mm bullet worked pretty good for fireforming with 8 gr titegroup for a QL calculated 24,000 psi.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161118_090918670.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	287042 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200705_225540148.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	287038 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7 mm 70 gr.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	287037

Boolit Master
    Im interested in 277 Wolverine as well. However, with the 1/10 twist rate, I'd be more inclined to heavier boolits. With that in mind, and my curiosity with the cartridge, I'd be willing to send you some RCBS 150 grain boolits free of charge if you'd share your findings with any powders you see fit. PM me if you'd like to try them.