Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
WidenersRepackboxReloading EverythingLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data

Thread: Now I Can Get ORGANIZED!

Boolit Grand Master

Now I Can Get ORGANIZED!

My e-friend on this and other boards, dsh1106 decided to “thin the herd” at his place and gave me a shot at some of his plunder. High on my list of cool toys he had showed me in the past that I wanted to find as well was the long-discontinued Lyman product called “the Organizer”. When he decided the one he had was surplus to his needs, I jumped on it.

When I put it together it was actually a little smaller than I had envisioned it being, which makes it perfectly scaled for a classic TruLine Jr press. I also plan to put one of my cute little Pacific Pistol Powder Measures on the side shelf… perfect proportion.

Thanks again to my friend dsh1106. I’ll post a picture of the assembled unit tonight, and later, when the press and powder measure are installed and it’s clamped to my WorkMate, I’ll try and post another one then.

Froggie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F56BC586-2363-47C0-A4B4-97942A5BB113.jpg  
    "It aint easy being green!"

Banned
    Thats making me turn green with envy. RCBS sold a similar device that I would like to find.

Ken

Boolit Bub
    I like it! I recently got a Keter workbench for reloading in the RV and this gives me some ideas. Looks like a predecessor to the inline fab type reloading bench accessories. Love the pic, and great to hear you’re installing on a workmate. Post up that workmate pic for us space limited reloaders!

Mark
    Last edited by Buck Butcher; 08-03-2021 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Spelling air err

Boolit Grand Master
    My dear friend and schuetzen mentor, the late Charlie Dell once gave me an early TL Jr press, the one with less leverage. I think for 32 S&W L and even 32 H&R, it should be plenty stout, so I think I may dig it out of storage and install it on the Organizer. I'm sort of starting to waffle on the Pacific Pistol Measure though as I still have an Ideal #5 Micrometer that would fit there pretty well too. Decisions, decisions. Oh well, the hard part is done, I've acquired and assembled my very own Organizer after all these years. Thanks again dsh1106!
    Froggie

Boolit Master
    So when were these offered, maybe late 80's ? I can't ever remember seeing these advertised.

Everyday I look out the window and don't see a dumpster, I'll never get organized.

Banned
    I am patiently waiting for pictures of his well organized basement.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pressman View Post
    I am patiently waiting for pictures of his well organized basement.
    Whose basement are you expecting to see organized? If you’re talking about mine, it will be sometime after the Devil starts an ice hockey team and schedules home matches! If I can organize a corner or small section here or there it’s only a little bit short of a miracle.

Froggie

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gewehr-Guy View Post
    So when were these offered, maybe late 80's ? I can't ever remember seeing these advertised.
    I’m not real sure, but I think surely they were discontinued by the end of the eighties. Apparently they were never all that popular or fast sellers. There just don’t see them around.

Froggie

Boolit Master

Congrats on getting everything together !!! Looks like it should be a perfect match for the Tru-Line Jr.

I'm sure I have the dimensions for each piece of this kit somewhere, IIRC everything was documented and sent to Mr Frog a couple years back.
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Boolit Grand Master
    Yes, I have both the original paper copies and the digital copies Scott sent me a couple of years ago. With his permission I can forward digital copies of his well done, detailed drawings to someone frustrated by an unsuccessful search for one of their own. How about it, Scott? Would you have any objections to me sharing them?

I also have a set of dimensioned drawings for a similar but purpose designed unit made specifically to fit the Black & Decker Work Mate if anyone needs those.

Froggie

Boolit Master

By all means share with anyone who wants a copy.

Scott
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.