RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: USA olympic metals in shooting

Boolit Master

USA olympic metals in shooting

gold for USA in both mens and women skeet, looking good---

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...cs/5409197001/

Boolit Grand Master
    Also 10 meter Men's air rifle.

Was watching the women's weight lifting this morning. US woman silver medal winner. But The more I watch, the more politics I see. South Korean woman lifted best weight but left arm twitched almost imperceptibly, disallowed lift, Ecuador woman lifted her 145kg and was twitching both arms, took a step and almost lost weight over her back AND dropped before horn, but they allowed lift. She won gold and in disallowing Korean let Mexico woman got bronze, and US woman didn't get gold.
    Argh....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    No medals for the U.S. in archery which isn't too surprising. Under FITA rules (Olympic rules) traditional bows are required worldwide and most archers in the U.S. use compounds. It was gratifying for me to see the bows there now are pretty much the same as the one I used in the Olympic trials for the '76 games. The only real differences were the new style stabilizers and the graphite arrows. Hoyt bows are still the ones to beat. It is a wonder that I looked that young once.

Shooting today with real 22 ammo..... No one in men's competition for rifle or rapid fire pistol. Chinese won rifle, and a Frenchman won the pistol. Pistol will was a decent competition, 5shots in 4 seconds to a group of 5 targets 5.1 inches in diameter at 25 meters.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I watch the biathlon events when they’re on. Amazed they can shoot that well after the energy they burn up to get to the shooting lines.

Boolit Buddy
    Hey QuillBilly! Anyone who competes in Olympic trials should capitalize their handle here! Proud of ya.
    JW
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Boolit Master
    Kayla Browning got a Silver in women’s trap as well. Really earned that medal, outstanding show in finals! Our other lady was 7th, if I remember correctly, just barely missed finals. The skeet finals were awesome performance from both Vincent and Amber. Austen Smith just missed finals or we may have gotten 2 ladies skeet medals. I enjoyed watching the archery, awesome shooting!
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos