RepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Titan ReloadingWidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lead on sale at Rotometals

Boolit Master

Smile Lead on sale at Rotometals

I hope this is OK to post here, I'm not sure. If NG, please delete it, I don't want any trouble. Rotometals is having a sale on lead. Various prices according to how much you buy. 31 July 2021.

USE COUPON CODE "SIZZLE" FOR COUPON CODE DISCOUNT , RECEIVED E-MAIL FROM THEM 10 AUGUST 2021 No, I don't work there, just trying to help other casters/shooters

SALE ENDS TODAY 15 AUGUST 2021 SALE CODE "SIZZLE"
    Last edited by Buzzard II; 08-15-2021 at 11:36 AM. Reason: last day of sale
    SMOKELESS IS JUST A PASSING FAD!-STEVE GARBE

FORMER NJ HUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR
    GOA LIFE MEMBER
    SASS LIFE MEMBER

ADAPT, IMPROVISE, OVERCOME!
    "ANY MAN WHO THINKS HE CAN BE HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS BY LETTING THE GOVERNMENT TAKE CARE OF HIM, BETTER TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE AMERICAN INDIAN!"-HENRY FORD

Boolit Master

Man, if I had to buy my lead from those guys, I don't know if I would bother casting. I do buy their Super Hard alloy from time to time. Good stuff.

Boolit Master
    $$$$$$$$$$$ that bad????

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanzy4200 View Post
    Man, if I had to buy my lead from those guys, I don't know if I would bother casting.
    Rotometals is by far the best source I've found so far, but if you've got some better sources, I'm all ears.

Boolit Master

$4 a lb for #2, $3 a lb for pure, on sale, at RotoMetals, has this been the price for a while or is this due to the CCP virus?
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Boolit Master
    They've always been a good provider of alloys you can trust content wise, but have never been a bargain vendor. Their prices are not so bad if on sale and if you order enough to get free shipping. If you can pick up from their warehouses (I think they have two or three locations in the lower 48) they have given me further discounts equivalent to their saved shipping costs.

Boolit Buddy
    Wow $4 a lb. For Lyman #2 and here I am trading 60lbs of this stuff at a $1.25 a lb. Ive never purchased from Rotometals but thats seems really high. Maybe I should start selling lead.

Looks like the price of their shot is still at Gunbroker prices.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Boolit Grand Master
    Rotometals has a place in the market. If you want to try a known alloy and only need a small amount you will get what you specify.

I tried buying in bulk (2000 lbs) from them about 10-12 years ago but that is not their market. I wound up going with Mayco and saved a significant amount. I doubt commercial casters buy from them based on my experience.

I just visited their site and there are no bargains for my needs. Shot at $75/bag is not much of a "sale".
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    I bought a half ton of antimony lead from Rotometals a couple years ago during a sale for about $1.60 a pound delivered. I had a better price from a midwest mill but the shipping was as much as the lead. I had been a scrounger up to that point but with the sources of lead drying up the cost in time got too high. 1000 lbs would have taken about 16 swap and sell deals and my mailman was close to postal already. It would have taken a few days to make the deals, track and pick up.

Rotometals is a good deal, you just can't compare prices to what you pay when you do much of the work.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    I bought a half ton of antimony lead from Rotometals a couple years ago during a sale for about $1.60 a pound delivered. I had a better price from a midwest mill but the shipping was as much as the lead. I had been a scrounger up to that point but with the sources of lead drying up the cost in time got too high. 1000 lbs would have taken about 16 swap and sell deals and my mailman was close to postal already. It would have taken a few days to make the deals, track and pick up.

Rotometals is a good deal, you just can't compare prices to what you pay when you do much of the work.
    Amen to that! It's not worth my time, gas, and energy to scrounge for unknown alloy when I can buy exactly what I want from vendors like Rotometals.
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Boolit Master
    I guess it can be said: if you want a specific casting alloy, in unlimited quantities and anytime the mood hits you, Rotometals is just a call or click away. It's just that such convenience has a price.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin c View Post
    I guess it can be said: if you want a specific casting alloy, in unlimited quantities and anytime the mood hits you, Rotometals is just a call or click away. It's just that such convenience has a price.
    Different folks have different "needs/wants".

For example, when I was working and logging over 100k miles a year on airplanes, I bought cast bullets even though I had everything to cast my own. I could have saved a lot of money by casting my own, or shot a lot less.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    At $4 a pound you're paying $.07 for a 124 grain bullet. Prior to Covid you could get a jacketed bullet from Rocky Mountain Reloading for that price.

I'll stick to my WW's and craigslist scrap pick ups...

Boolit Master
    I got some 20/1 from them when I first started casting. Nice alloy for a beginner to work with.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Boolit Master
    Spot price for pure is $1.06 and they are selling for $3. Not a bad profit margin. I got lucky a few years back and got about 900 lbs of pure delivered to my garage for nothing.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog81 View Post
    At $4 a pound you're paying $.07 for a 124 grain bullet.
    So...7% of the cost of the primer. Not bad!

Boolit Bub

Roto' is my "Go To" but I can't complain about the 1800 pounds I got for free when the local hospital completely rebuilt is radiation facility.
    I trust Roto' for alloys that are above my ability to construct.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by centershot View Post
    Amen to that! It's not worth my time, gas, and energy to scrounge for unknown alloy when I can buy exactly what I want from vendors like Rotometals.
    I buy 50 pounds at a time. Free shipping, and it is delivered right to my door.

Boolit Master
    I need to start scrounging again. I got lucky and bought 300# of cable sheathing and also about 200 # of pure and WW already in ingots. Dollar a pound, no tax or shipping. I would buy a half ton of that cable sheathing if I could find more of it.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast