WidenersReloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad Data
Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: stuck bolt on rem 700

I'm betting that you get it lined out. What did the fired case look like?
    A 700 in .280 Remington has been on my wish list as long as I've had wish lists.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

I know it is after the fact, but. for future issues like this, could you run a brass rod down the barrel and tap on the bolt while trying to turn it, kinda like taking pressure off the bolt?
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. " --(Thomas Jefferson)

"Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug pusher an unlicensed pharmacist."

When you put Political Correctness ahead of justice, you get no justice.
    Mark Fuhrman

Boolit Grand Master

It's hard to make accurate generalizations so take this for what it worth. In 700's to get the bolt lock to the point that the silver solder fails trying to open the bolt the receiver lugs and or bolt lugs generally are set back. In way overpressures the case head pressure welds to the bolt face and possibly the chamber walls. Removing the barrel is the best way to inspection without creating additional damage. Since you didn't vent gas so if this was over pressure it was on the lower end so the receiver may be OK. Not sure if a bolt or trigger component failure will lock the bolt up? Every one that I have disassembled was worse than yours since they blew the primers.

If the action is not damaged replacement bolts and be purchased here http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...acement-bolts/
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Banned

Timing the bolt handle is tricky to get right on the 700. Most smiths will not do them

Boolit Grand Master

2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master
    Glad you did not get hurt but it sucks to see that bolt handle broken off.

It will be informative if you can determine what happened.

One of my bugga-boos when I reload is wondering if a powder measure bridges and dumps an overcharge. On rifle loads I use an RCBS ChargeMaster so I know every charge is weighed, and I seat the bullet immediately after charging the case...as idiot proof as this idiot can make it. On the Dillon 1050 I added a powder check die. But the Dillon 550 is my "problem child". No way to make it "idiot proof" and as a result it is my least used press.
    Don Verna

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12