Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackboxReloading Everything
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2
Load Data Titan Reloading

Thread: yote Zero 10mm one

Boolit Master

yote Zero 10mm one

Was out in the barn with a 6" STI 2011 in 10mm loaded with Unique and 200gr XTP. Looked out the barn door and a Yote was out in the pasture coming towards the barn. At 50 feet I stepped into the barn door, she started to turn and I shot her just behind the left front leg. It went through and came out right side taking the lung and heart. It left a small hole on left side and a big hole on right side. She just folded up dead. Second time I got a yote around the barn. I like the hole my .32 ACP makes in the pelt better than the 10mm. I wish Ruger made a DeerStalker in 10mm as it works just as good for me as the .44 mag.

Boolit Master
    Very nice! My 12 year old son got a coyote with his Nagant revolver on Thursday, his horse didn't appreciate that he was asked to help pack it out of the hills!
    Nice neat little hole in the hide. What do you do with your summer pelts?
    I skinned this one just because it was his first.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I skin them and sale to a hide guy. Not as much value as winter but a $ is a $

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by warren5421 View Post
    Was out in the barn with a 6" STI 2011 in 10mm loaded with Unique and 200gr XTP. Looked out the barn door and a Yote was out in the pasture coming towards the barn. At 50 feet I stepped into the barn door, she started to turn and I shot her just behind the left front leg. It went through and came out right side taking the lung and heart. It left a small hole on left side and a big hole on right side. She just folded up dead. Second time I got a yote around the barn. I like the hole my .32 ACP makes in the pelt better than the 10mm. I wish Ruger made a DeerStalker in 10mm as it works just as good for me as the .44 mag.
    How much Unique in that load?

Sometimes the best gun is the one that you have with you.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master
    Both of mine were shot with 12 ga. slugs. Both about 50 yrs away. The slugs didn't tear them up that much.

Congratulations ! More fawns saved. A couple years ago I shot one with my AMT Backup 380. That poor yote had the luck like getting hit with a lightning bolt. A shot I could never duplicate.