Inline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWideners
RepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data

Thread: Wildfires sure make for some pretty sunrises.

Boolit Master

Wildfires sure make for some pretty sunrises.

Snapped this on my way home from work this morning.

104 degrees today and lots of haze from the fires.

Attachment 286862
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    Two days ago, we had smoke so thick the visibility was about 1/3 of a mile. I've never seen smoke this thick in eastern South dakota. Feel sorry for the people that are living close to these fires.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gewehr-Guy View Post
    Two days ago, we had smoke so thick the visibility was about 1/3 of a mile. I've never seen smoke this thick in eastern South dakota. Feel sorry for the people that are living close to these fires.
    If anything, yesterday was the worst for us here in Aberdeen. You couldn't even see the sun. Today it is about as clear as ever, you can only tell it is a little hazy at the farthest distance.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I have a lot of ash in the air today. There is a fire burning on the other side of the lake, 20 homes lost so far.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    I have a lot of ash in the air today. There is a fire burning on the other side of the lake, 20 homes lost so far.
    That's horrible! We actually had thunderstorms and rain move through this morning. Humid and muggy, but better than hot and dry for now. Looking like more rain later next week and lower temps. Can't wait to get back into the woods.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Buddy

73 currently with 77%rh and sprinkling lightly (rain gauge says .03" since midnight) I'll take that over the 103 we had yesterday - whew.

Hot for sure, and smoky too. We finished harvest at Endicott, WA yesterday and moved to Palouse (Kamiak Butte area) today. Good day for a move as it sprinkled rain most of the morning. Actually it poured on us a couple times. Forecast looks good so we should be sawing wheat down by about 11 AM tomorrow. The smoke definitely makes for some pretty sunrises and sunsets.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Mule View Post
    Hot for sure, and smoky too. We finished harvest at Endicott, WA yesterday and moved to Palouse (Kamiak Butte area) today. Good day for a move as it sprinkled rain most of the morning. Actually it poured on us a couple times. Forecast looks good so we should be sawing wheat down by about 11 AM tomorrow. The smoke definitely makes for some pretty sunrises and sunsets.
    My photo is about a mile or so from Kamiak Butte driving to Palouse from Pullman. My Forest Service buddy said the huckleberries are perfect now and my favorite spot just re-opened from the fire shutdowns. Headed to the woods tomorrow.