WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading Everything
RepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load Data
Titan Reloading

Thread: Dillon single stage conversion primer problem

Boolit Bub

Dillon single stage conversion primer problem

Just received, assembled, and started using my new Dillon single stage adapter. This adapter is not made by Dillon. When using the sizing, decapping die the spent primers stack up inside the shell holder adapter bolt. This setup is being used in a 550 series Dillon. After sizing, decapping about 10 - 15 rounds I have to clear the spent primers off the plate and out of the adapter bolt. Anyone else having same problem ? Cure ? Thanks in advance...captn-tin
    Last edited by captn-tin; 07-31-2021 at 11:30 AM.

I've looked at this conversion in the past, I'll be interested in any responses on how people like the single stage conversion.

May be able to reduce the number of presses I own. I see a downsizing in shop size in the semi-distant future.

Always looking for ideas.

If there is not a hole for spent primers to fall out, they don’t have anywhere to go. Even if they could get out, where would they go, not down the hole at station #1.

Sounds like another reason to not get a single station conversion for the 550.

Cure would be to get a Dillon shell plate and put the die you are using in #1.

Boolit Bub
    Talked to UniqueTek people today. They do not advertise the single stage adapter as a reloading press. Just as an adapter. Anyway I purchased it thinking, wrongly, that it was a reloading press. My bad I guess. Anyway I'm returning it . Good outfit. I've bought a couple other of their products and have been happy with em. All is well.