Reloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee Precision
Wideners

Thread: Trim Pro II pilot holder box

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance

Trim Pro II pilot holder box

Just a lil design to hold Pilots out of the furkids smart lil paws...

If you don't have cats, know this: EVERYTHING is a cat toy LOL

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lwgaW2b.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	286831

Actual print won't have the pilots in place, this is my organizational one for planning with "Find", "Order", "Owned" color scheme. Handy for me Oh the top right 2 are spares for "if I find a need for a custom pilot"

Looks like a keeper! Someday I want to figure out how to make readable labels in Autocad. I could use that often. Maybe its not possible.

Boolit Master
    U R 2 neat. I drilled holes in a 2x4.

Banned
    Old cutting boards from thrift stores work great for many projects too.

Oh. Meant above that the COLORS won't be in the real printed part.

GWS, I have OpenSCAD extrude the lettering just above the top surface of the print. I am not an Autocad expert but if I can do it in OpenSCAD, I'd be shocked if the (Non Free) Autocad couldn't Find an Autocad for 3d printing forum and ask someone there maybe?

45Dude, well, I figured I would try this out, I've heard of "organization" and it sounds interesting...

Conditor, sure, this is how I learn a new tool though. My pilots are in a list, and the core of the program is a neat little double for loop which zooms through the list, drilling the holes for the pilot shanks and labeling them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sheesh View Post
    Oh. Meant above that the COLORS won't be in the real printed part.

GWS, I have OpenSCAD extrude the lettering just above the top surface of the print. I am not an Autocad expert but if I can do it in OpenSCAD, I'd be shocked if the (Non Free) Autocad couldn't Find an Autocad for 3d printing forum and ask someone there maybe?
    Oh, Autocad can do it now, but my version is the last one that came with a lifetime license, vers. 2016. Now you have to buy an annual license.....and I'm not about to do that.....you talk about non-free...... My version could do it too, but you had to download an add on. And you guessed it, the add on wasn't downloaded since I didn't use it for 2D.....and now it's gone forever except in the new annual versions. Looking for the no longer available files....may be a long look.....but it isn't important enough to buy a whole new mega expensive autocad.

Possible that someone who knows more than I might have that file?

For certain I can make do with OpenSCAD but I know how it goes, once you learn something really well, it demotivates you to learn another similar package!

You hit the nail on the head. I've used Autocad in Architecture for 50 years.....I think and speak in Autocad. That means what I can do in Autocad in 15 minutes takes me hours in anything else....like learning Chinese when you've been raised understanding English......that's just the way it is. I could learn Chinese eventually.....but you have to want it bad, and you would never speak it as good as a native.

Then you have OpenScad.....the programmer's cad. Great for programmers.....hard to learn for anyone else.....and slower still.....UNTIL you need to print the same thing in different diameters, and array variable numbers of holes 360d around it........nothing is more convenient and fast as OpenScad! As in bullet or case plates! I do want to learn more OpenScad......but I'm getting old and brain cells are dying faster than I can refill them!

As for someone else knowing more than you......its more finding someone who in 2015, bought Autocad for 3D then, (parts designers vs. architects) and downloaded the 3d fonts. Sans that, you have to design 26 letters and 10 numbers in 2d using polylines, and then push/pull them to make 3d versions....then scale them......but forget "typing" them. The 3d fonts could use the keyboard like any other font.....I need to put out feelers on the Autocad user forums....maybe someone is a generous soul!
    Last edited by GWS; 07-30-2021 at 10:06 PM.

Boolit Master

With FreeCAD takes some effort to figure out. Afterwards its pretty easy.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~