RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWidenersLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Support bags for pistol shooting...

Moderator Emeritus

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/1015183323?pid=742540
    I have used one like this for 2 decades.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    I'm getting shaky enough that I can't hold a handgun steady enough to adjust sights or dots. Shooting off a rest allows me to get dialed in.

It's also why I shoot action pistol instead of Bullseye.
    From another old geezer's prospective, let me tell you this. Shoot any way that yields satisfactory accuracy and enjoyment FOR YOU. I have broken my right hand 2 times and have a bit of metal in the ring finger and had a detached retina so just shooting is fun for me. It is not a benchrest match so load up those empty shot bags with sand and enjoy. I use a big swatch of leather from an old welding jacket to protect my front rifle rest bag from cylinder blast and a 25 lb shot bag (from fleabay) of sand in the rear. I am only testing my latest loads so this is what works for me.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by murf205 View Post
    From another old geezer's prospective, let me tell you this. Shoot any way that yields satisfactory accuracy and enjoyment FOR YOU. I have broken my right hand 2 times and have a bit of metal in the ring finger and had a detached retina so just shooting is fun for me. It is not a benchrest match so load up those empty shot bags with sand and enjoy. I use a big swatch of leather from an old welding jacket to protect my front rifle rest bag from cylinder blast and a 25 lb shot bag (from fleabay) of sand in the rear. I am only testing my latest loads so this is what works for me.
    After having major surgery on both shoulders and at 64 shooting from a rest is about all I do now. That’s exactly what I use as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MT Gianni View Post
    https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/1015183323?pid=742540
    I have used one like this for 2 decades.
    PLUS...it is a lot lighter than sand bags. Nothing keeps a gun in position like sand bags but there comes a time when we have to lighten the load. I have a Bulls Bag that weighs a ton and it is about to get drained and filled with rice or some other lighter media. With 2 shoulder joint implants it is a real thrill to carry!
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Grand Master

For the frugal among us carpet samples are routinely available, usually free. Get one, fold it in half, and roll it up tight tying it with cord. Since they are free it doesn't matter if they come apart as you shoot, and what comes out isn't too objectionable. Just be careful of fire. I've had one last for a couple of years before it wasn't useable.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12