Lee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackbox
Wideners

Thread: I'm back!

Boolit Master

I'm back!

I had to take a bit of an enforced vacation.

My laptop died and it took over a week to get the new one delivered. Then I had to get everything set up again.

The processor died on my old laptop.

Everything is backed up but it takes time to get the new unit running like the old one.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master
    Likely story! I've been trying to get my desktop running like it used to for about 2 years, now.

Took about half of my data with it when it went, too. Re-downloading that is really what's taking to long, though. I have a pile of books I will need to rescan, and some files I'm going to need to put back together to make a book again, too. Dang it! I want my MOMMIE!

I thought I had everything backed up, which was part of the problem. I've redownloaded a bunch of stuff this past couple of weeks, so doing another backup here in a few minutes.

Bill

Boolit Master

Welcome back. I had to buy a new PC not long ago.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Buddy
    Well, must be the season. I just put a new power supply in my desktop PC and I am still working on getting Samsung phone set up after having Motorolas for years.

It seems like no matter how hard one tries and prepares transferring data is always hit and miss and that's not even long "settings".

Boolit Master
    Backing up now. LOL
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    MacBook is the way to go! No viruses, free battery replacement, and its rarely the hard drive that dies. So when the laptop goes, the hard drive gets turned into a stand alone storage bank. Im on my second Mac in 12 years. They just seem to last for me.

External hard drive for all saved data. As cheap as they are now maybe get two.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by sigep1764 View Post
    MacBook is the way to go! No viruses, free battery replacement, and its rarely the hard drive that dies. So when the laptop goes, the hard drive gets turned into a stand alone storage bank. Im on my second Mac in 12 years. They just seem to last for me.
    Yeah, but of my over 200+ Steam library most won't run on a Mac. I'm selective on which games I have loaded at any one time but it still eats up most of a 2 terabyte drive.

I run my laptops HARD. 10-12 hours a day, much of it gaming. If nothing else I'm on a 3 year replacement cycle to keep up with game requirements.
    NRA Benefactor.

Starting to think it's getting close to a new computer here also. I have an external hard drive with my last two PC's backed up on it. I'm reasonably sure I'll get another desktop. I've only had one laptop and while it was nice, I'm better suited to a desktop. I have to say, a 25" monitor sure makes things nice. I also run mine pretty hard. A 5 to 6 year lifespan is a good run for one of mine. The wife has her idea of TV entertainment, and I have mine, totally different. Youtube has been good to me. I haven't gotten into the streaming and other goodies, yet anyway. Good to see you back Burnt.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

USMC 77, USRA 79

if your running them that hard, perhaps you should look into the solid state drive stuff... I switched a couple years ago and never looked back
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Backups are like money and garlic....you can't get enough.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.