Load DataWidenersLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shooting quarters at 100 yds

Quote Originally Posted by ourway77 View Post
    Defacing US Currency or coins is a felony
    It's no big deal unless you do it with the intent to defraud someone when you spend it,
    or shave it to keep the 'extra' for its bullion value then spend it for full value...
    Or making a coin look mis-struck and more valuable.
    Or change a dollar bill's value such as putting corners of a $5. on a one dollar bill.

"Intent to defraud" is the operative part of the law.
    When the money is in your possession you can do what ya want to it, just don't try to spend it after you deface it.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Buddy
    Around 1990, I was able to drop off at a friend's house regularly after work. He farmed, did construction, and two or three other things. And he had a brother who visited once or twice a year, and was a pain, to put it mildly. About the 4th of July, we started shooting off his porch at bottle caps 30 feet away on a fence post. Offhand with 22 target pistols. By October, when his brother was due in, we had it down pat. With brother watching, my buddy switched to dimes. We sent them flying. Brother immediately started raking the grass with his fingers to find those coins. My buddy couldn't keep his laughter quiet. That had been the whole point of 4 months of practice.

Quote Originally Posted by ourway77 View Post
    Defacing US Currency or coins is a felony Wouldn't it be cheaper to trace a quarter And run copies on your printer
    A felony! Yeah and just think, I used to think that sneaking into the United States was too!
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

With the cost of purchasing targets these days, shooting at dimes would be cheaper.
    Still lots of fun.

Boolit Master
    I print my own targets these days. Cardstock is not that expensive.

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Back in the Corps, while on the rifle range I was wasting time on the 500 yard line. Sniper coach said my sights were off on my M-16. Told him to buzz off. He was very insistent. A chipmunk stood up on the 200 yard line right in front of me. I said “See the ground squirrel?” Yes. Headshot! Said “Your sights are fine!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Not shooting related, but crazy glued a quarter to an air conditioning duct in our office. That quarter sat there for years before anyone even noticed it. And it was the janitor who found it. Frank

That's excellent quality [low ES] ammo in a solid platform, from a very good shooter.

You can put any old Tasco on there and you will still shoot straight.

I'm not in any way trying to knock the scope, I have no idea what it is, I've never seen or heard of that one before.

The point I'm trying to make is that level of repeatable accuracy has nothing to do with the scope.

Boolit Master
    I used to shoot horse flys with my Bushmaster dissipator at 100 yards.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Charlie View Post
    I used to shoot horse flys with my Bushmaster dissipator at 100 yards.
    Ain't nothin'....

I used to shoot bounding deer in the eye at 1,000 yards while at a trot [lot different than a "full gallop"] on my horse hanging off the side shootin' under the neck Indian style with my hoop leaver thutty thutty,,,,and I was not using the sights but instinct shootin'......
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Master
    its all ok I got my boots on
    if I can hit the broad side of the barn I'm doing real well

Boolit Buddy

I made a rack to hold empty shotgun shells. Have been playing with 22 rimfire alot last year and saw where guys are setting paintballs on golf tees. The fun will continue PS too cheap for quarters too GW

Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    I print my own targets these days. Cardstock is not that expensive.
    I print my own also but I use heavyweight copy paper as opposed to card stock. Works fine for me.
    I use a monochrome laser printer. Long term, it is MUCH cheaper than inkjet printers.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    Ain't nothin'....

I used to shoot bounding deer in the eye at 1,000 yards while at a trot [lot different than a "full gallop"] on my horse hanging off the side shootin' under the neck Indian style with my hoop leaver thutty thutty,,,,and I was not using the sights but instinct shootin'......
    You should have got pictures!

Boolit Master
    I was being pestered by flies one day at the range. In my scope I could see one of the big horse flies wandering around on my target at 200yd. Next shot I hit it. Left a splat on the target. I just went back and found the target. It was pretty cool. And I was lucky as heck

(shot at top of group)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210609.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	296003
    Last edited by charlie b; 02-08-2022 at 10:11 PM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by brass410 View Post
    bottle caps are all I can afford now due to rising reloading costs, we used to shoot golf tees, but after we tore up the greens we got kicked of the golf course!!!!
    I always shot the little dimpled white thing on top. The real challenge was timing, right before the golfer hit it!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by hoodat View Post
    Add 25 cents to the cost of those reloads. What a high-roller. jd
    Wish I could afford to shoot quarters.

Moderator Emeritus

I so envy you all, in addition to being super casters, being such superb shots to actually hit coinage! Sort of germane, I recall an "Aspirin shoot" where baby aspirins were glued to pieces of Vermicelli (super thin spaghetti) and used as target. Ed Brown Company -- Eabco-- was (and still may be?) the champion of this: https://eabco.com/ I'd guess he might have one viewable, still, on his website.
    The only currency I ever shot was, on the opening day (for me) of deer season I'd put a U S dollar bill on a tree at 25 yards, aiming for the picture in its centre. This would both confirm my rifle was sighted in -- and, allow me to tell all my friends, "I shot a buck on my first day out."
    Re actual coins, it had to be forty years ago, I recall reading in newspaper where a prominent wheel barrow maker actually used U S one-cent coins as washers in their wheel barrow construction, and in addition to both doing a recall plus cease & desist re using coins post "getting busted" -- were subject to quite a substantial fine...

Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    I was being pestered by flies one day at the range. In my scope I could see one of the big horse flies wandering around on my target at 200yd. Next shot I hit it. Left a splat on the target. I just went back and found the target. It was pretty cool. And I was lucky as heck

(shot at top of group)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210609.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	296003
    Wow Charlie, you must have been to the Larry Gibson Shooting School, LOL. I am still he hawing your post Larry.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

I saw Byron Ferguson hit an aspirin tablet tossed in the air with an arrow.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast