WidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heads Up For Paypal Users

Boolit Buddy

https://alignpay.com/index.html is new startup Dan Bongino is involved with, I'm not jumping in just yet.

Boolit Master
    So,I used paypal this time to renew my status
    here on castboolits. Worked like a charm.
    But I also see I have an auto-pay set up now.
    I don't have an account (I think), but I don't like
    the idea that they have my info. I know there are instructions
    here to delete the auto-pay, but have not taken
    the time to sort it out. I guess what I am asking
    is if there is a better way to pay? Our leadership
    is so busy that they have little time to mess with
    my little $10.00 check (not complaining, just reality).

I contribute because this website has been incredibly
    valuable to me and I want to continue to support it.

Boolit Master
    After the crap with Parler, I do not trust him completely.
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    PayPal = PP = Pelosi's People

More "censorship" . . . . . nobody should be surprised.

That said . . . I have had an account for years . . . as long as I have been selling / buying on fleabay . . . . . I use it rarely now and certainly am not using it for anything illegal or for money laundering . . . . however . . . . I can't speak as to how Hunter Biden is being paid for his "works of art" . . . .

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I've never had trouble with PP. I always use discreet descriptors and have my buyers do the same. And they have gotten me refunds a few times for "discreet items" that were never delivered too. I appreciated that convenience.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master
    The ranks of rich conservatives and rich "liberals" (aka, the elitist's swamp) are all around us. But only "liberals" are emotionally driven to force the world into limp images of themselves. (Libs love to live in dangerous big city packs too. Poor fools, I guess both orientations are parts of a genetic brain flaw.)

All of you should do as you wish, not as I wish, but I don't need any of them and I won't play their silly games by their silly rules. A country boy can survive ... but lock-step city folk? Not so much.
    Last edited by 1hole; 07-28-2021 at 08:30 PM.

Boolit Master
    What a bunch of Old Wives! I would like Hard Evidence. There are thousands of gun parts for sale right now on ebay with paypal as the preferred payment.

If "they" are watching it's going to take a lot of eyes. In the history of this country have there ever been as many gun sales as now?
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Grand Master
    if there is a more convenient way to pay show it
    like they say "put up or shut up"
    it's not who is gathering your information by all rites it's where did they get their
    marching orders who, what, where. It's not the little guys we should be worried about
    it's the people who are receiving this intel
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Buddy
    My problems with PayPal started when I sold an RCBS Trigger Pull Scale on eBay last fall. PayPal locked down my account and froze my balance of almost $1,100. I was told in 180 days I would be contacted via email and told how I could access my money. I tried calling to explain and get things worked out, but it all fell on deaf ears and repeated statements of “There’s nothing I can do”. So I waited. This past May was 180 days so I checked my account… balance $0.00. I checked my activity expecting to see they had transferred the money to my bank account. Imagine my outcry when I found that they had drained my account and stated it was to over damages to PayPal for me violating their acceptable use policy.

No email, no notification, no messaging whatsoever, just stole my money and said, come try to get it back. PayPal is a bunch of crooks that believe they’re too powerful to have to play by any rules other than those that they can dream up.

I still use PayPal, but only friends and family where it’s a free service. I’ll never get my money back, and I’ll make sure I use their free service, hoping their is a hidden cost for them, when I need to send money.

Boolit Master

I use Paypal to buy and sell all the time, but I never leave a balance of more than 10.00. I just transfer money in and out when needed. Why should I give them my money to use, it's not like they pay me interest on it.

Boolit Master
    eBay is getting away from PayPal. It’s no longer required to pay with it. I checked into Alignpay. Looks like they want to charge fees, plus $25.00 per month. No thank you.

Boolit Buddy

Paypal was founded in 1998, I survived just fine in the 40 years prior without it. Risk vs reward, my choice.

Alignpay looks to be geared more towards small businesses and organizations, not private money transfers.

Boolit Master
    I thought PayPal was originally started and run by eBay itself to facilitate their own sales.

I was carefully screwed by PayPal some twelve years ago when I wanted to change my original account to a different credit card company. When I attempted to enter the changes on line I was immediately locked out; they wouldn't let me I go forward and I couldn't back out of the change. Bottom line, PP ripped me off for well over $200 with that and their lousy "tech support" children were too busy to do anything helpful for anybody.

If I'm going to be screwed by someone I insist on a kiss too, so they'll NEVER be allowed to do business me again!

Boolit Master

I refuse to knowingly deal with any business or entity that actively opposes my beliefs. And that list gets longer everyday.

Banned

I was never interested in getting a paypal account, I didn't like them from the gitgo. If I decided to get an account of that type Alignpay doesn't sound bad on the surface.
    If you're looking for a social media that is non-biased and doesn't censor, look at "Our Freedom Book". I haven't been on in a while but I was the same with FB up until I closed my FB account.

I am getting to the point that I don't want to deal with any company based out of California. Interestingly, even at work, me and the other executives refuse to even look at an acquisition of a company in CA...
    NRA Certified Instructor Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor Metallic Cartridge Reloading
    NRA Certified Instructor Shotshell Reloading
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com

Boolit Master
    When I browse through S&S threads here, I see ads that require me to use PP to pay. I just skip them and move on even if I want the item.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12