Load DataRotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWideners
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 30 caliber problem

Northern Virginia, where the freeway does roam.
    Finally the package arrived in the mail . I think mail lady might hate me , I ordered 60 lb of lead and 500 jacketed bullets

Too bad it rained all day on Saturday I was wanting to render that lead into ingots.

Yesterday I loaded 17 matched chromed winchester brass, regular win large rifle primers, hornady 150 grain fmj-boat tails, 40 gr 3031. They look so very shiny!!

Taught my friend the beginning of 30-06 recycling too... I supervised him making a box of ammo. we're going to go shoot it in a few weeks. I have not seen him this excited to shoot his rifle in a long time.

Then went fishing with a new tiny fishing pole and caught a bunch of turtles instead of fish! and this is the smallest snapper turtle I got! The biggest was the size of a street manhole cover. Caught a small bass and sun fish as well. The turtles hiss and snap when you go to unhook them they have the most cantankerous attitude .

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Accurate 31-142C 145gr for my alloy. The 'funny' base is where I chopped off most of the GC shank. Very easy to cull bad bases, sort of a modified bevel base. MOA @ 100, 10 fps in 300 BO AR. Also shoot it from my SS CVA. Same nose profile as the 168 for 308W that shots great, so it will shoot in 308W. I'm just cheap on powder use. I PC and only get 2 hole rifle moulds, more consistency.
    Whatever!

Boolit Buddy
    I have a few .30 molds for use in my 4 groove 03A3. So far boolits cast in 308291 mold have been easiest to get accuracy with, though that rifle has shown promise with 311290. Of late I have done some shooting with 311467 which seems begging to outshine the rest.
    A NOE 310-165-FN has yet to be tried in the 03A3.

The rounds fired extremely accurately. I adjusted the scope and was hitting very small targets. Stacking dimes.

Boolit Grand Master

50 years of shooting : 30-06 (1903-A3) 7.5 Swiss (K-11 Schmidt-Rubin) 30-30 ( Win. model 94) and almost 30 ... 303 British (BSA No4 MK I SMLE)
    Gas Checks make better boolits ... every time I put a gas check on a boolit ... the load improves , I've never put a gas check on and had worse accuracy .
    Embrace the gas check .... it makes life easier !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Thank you Gary I'll go looking for gas checks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123