Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2RepackboxWideners
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Smokes Powder

Smokes Powder

Ordered some powder coating from Smokes and I have to say that it works noticeably better than the Eastwood powder I had been using and I thought it was pretty good stuff. Smokes went on faster and easier than the mirror red I had been using. Eastwood mirror red was always thought of as a great powdercoat for shake and bake but was outclassed by Smokes traffic purple and I still have a couple others that I have not tried yet.

The people's republic of Commifornia, in Somerset
    Smokes is all I use. It's all been tested and works well so I keep buying from him.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Good to hear always happy with my slokes products I recomend him when ever asked. Now you can see why.

Most think Eastwood is the best while surely good there are others just as good. Smokes is one many here use exclusively.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Man
    I first tried Eastwood powders a few years ago and while they generally worked it seemed like I had to struggle a lot to get good coverage. I bought some of Smokes powders earlier this year and just yesterday tossed out all the remailing Eastwood powders as I am not sold on Smokes. I get great coverage, smooth shiny baked finish and they are tough and do not come off the bullet if you follow his instructions for baking. I bore scoped some of my barrels after firing Eastwood powders and could occasionally see colored streaks in the rifling. Could be the individual rifle of course and it was not much to be concerned about but I see no indication of color in the barrel when using Smokes powders. Getting ready to place another order shortly.

Boolit Master
    I started with Eastwood Ford Light Blue. Worked very well.

Got some of Smoke's this time around. Flame red and clear. They work very well too.

I suspect some of Smoke's stuff might come from Eastwood and/or one of the other powder mfg's. The difference is he has tested each color to make sure they work when using S&B.

Boolit Master
    For those that do not know, Eastwood is not a powder manufacturer, they are a reseller and their market is the auto industry not coating bullets. All powders will work if sprayed, but not all powders will work using shake & bake and to varying degrees.

All Smoke's powders have been tested by himself and numerous others and they all work using shake & bake. When first starting out I recommend using Smokes, until you have down the basics. Then if you try something different and it doesn't work, you will know it was the powder.