MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Load DataTitan ReloadingWidenersLee Precision
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2

Thread: Scope Multipliers / Optical Boosters

Boolit Buddy

Scope Multipliers / Optical Boosters

Has anybody used one of these on a "regular scope" instead of a non-magnified dot or holosight?
    I have an astigmatism and have a hard time when sighting my scopes in, I just can't clearly see the target at 100+ yards to get a good group so tend to sight in my guns at 25yds. Once sighted in I can hit pretty much any target I try, but worry about stacking errors between sighting in and actually shooting
    I got to thinking about those magnifiers and wondering if I could use them for sighting in.

Anybody tried this? if so got any suggestions?

Edit to add: am looking to use it on 9+ maximum magnification scopes
    Last edited by lksmith; 07-25-2021 at 10:35 PM.

Boolit Master
    I have one here but haven't tried it yet. Sorry. Will report when I do. I have a Juliet3 just haven't had time to mount it and play.

I have an astigmatism That shouldn't cause a problem with scope. You adjust focus on the reticle and then change the FL for the target. I had them bad and no problem. Now with open sights, nope not going to work.
    Whatever!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    I have an astigmatism That shouldn't cause a problem with scope. You adjust focus on the reticle and then change the FL for the target. I had them bad and no problem. Now with open sights, nope not going to work.
    Even with all the adjustments on my scopes I just can't focus on the holes clear enough

What scope are you having the trouble with?
    I've struggled with astigmatism my whole life. Scopes allow me to shoot quite well

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by chutesnreloads View Post
    What scope are you having the trouble with?
    I've struggled with astigmatism my whole life. Scopes allow me to shoot quite well
    Several. at 25yds I can see the holes clearly with a 9x (tasco), but at 50yds I typically takes16x (burris eliminator) to 25x (Millet LRS) to see the holes clear enough to shoot the same hole. Not sure what exactly is my problem but can't seem to see the holes clearly at 100yds.
    When it comes to hunting, i have no problem hitting whatever I aim at be it a deer running at 200 yds or whatever. Just have the problem when sighting in.

Oh, think I understand now. Until I got a 20x spotting scope... Just walked to the target to see my hits. Still walk down there pretty often to mark the targets

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by chutesnreloads View Post
    Oh, think I understand now. Until I got a 20x spotting scope... Just walked to the target to see my hits. Still walk down there pretty often to mark the targets
    I walk and mark too. Historically I just got a higher power scope or sighted in closer. but high power scopes aren't the best for hunting due to the more narrow field of view. What I am thinking is attach some sort of additional magnification for sighting in, and then take it off for hunting. I just don't want to waste money on something that someone has already tried and found to not work.
    I found the "Bulzeye Pro" that seems to fit the bill, but I have also seen the add on multipliers for holo and dot sights, which are cheaper, but would be a waste of money if they don't work with a highpower scope

Banned
    It would probably work though there would be some image degradation. They are used with some lower end camera lenses. I have had, or have two lenses and they get the job done quite well.