Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackbox
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Wideners

Thread: Lee hand primer part needed

Lee hand primer part needed

a circular crack has occurred around the top portion of my Lee hand primer tool. will no longer press a primer in. Attachment 286621Just wondering if any one might might have one of these not being used. As pictured FOUND!! Thanks to all
    Last edited by Dom; 07-28-2021 at 08:06 PM.

Boolit Master
    I may have an old one will have to go to barn to find it.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government..... When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

I love those old barns . They have all kinds of great stuff. Thanks for looking.

Boolit Master
    Give me your cell #. Or email and i will send pic of what I’ve got.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government..... When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master
    Check your pm box

Boolit Master

I have one that I may throw into the helping hands section, or the box that keeps being sent around. I do wish Lee would reintroduce the original style; there wasn't a thing wrong with them.
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

Boolit Grand Master
    I have a couple.
    PM sent

Boolit Grand Master

At least they ... or someone who wanted a small business ... could make replacement parts .
    The new ones with triangular tray are so junkie ... I hate to insult Micky Mouse ... Micky could make them better .

The crack around the top of the one you have ... try a J-B Weld Epoxy Adhesive repair ...
    J-B Weld is pretty strong and might fix it ... use the stronger slow-cure epoxy , not the 5 minuite stuff .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    I also have one cracked all around.
    I have three complete copies.
    Was thinking of solder,
    but then I thought it might melt so the JB weld sounds better.
    The J.B. holds good with the proper thickness.
    just need room for the flat shell holder.

Thanks all. I now have two replacements handles. Hope this will last as long as I need this Item. If all else fails I do have a bench mounted style primer seater. Just enjoy the flexibility & convenience of the hand held model.

Boolit Grand Master
    With the current availability of CNC machining, 3-D printing, precision casting, etc, etc, I would think there would be some enterprising soul who would produce a modern, updated version (stronger too) of the early Auto-Prime and more importantly the earlier, screw in shell holder type of tool body and lever/handle.

Sometimes I sit around and idly think of how nice it would be to have brass copies of the body and lever for the old
    style (screw in shell holder type) priming tool. I can’t decide whether it would make more sense to have castings done or CNC machine them from solid brass stock. The latter would involve turning a lot of expensive brass stock into shavings, and if one were to set up one time for the former, they could cast a dozen, or a hundred as desired.

A guy can dream, can’t he?
    Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Man
    To whom it may concern. In Europe I found my broken lever here https://tecmagex.com/en/reloading/me...ime-parts.html

Boolit Man
    Just a side note. The thumb lever from the new model hand primer will retrofit with the old style hand primer. I found out after breaking my old model and buying a new replacement. Didn't much like the new one so tried the swap and it works!

grayscale, the thumb piece will work but the wishbone piece sure won't. And that's sure tooooo bad. I've worn out a couple old style wishbone pieces in the great old round Lee hand primer. 3D printer, now that's a good idea if someone s talented.
    Never trade luck for skill.