Titan ReloadingWidenersRepackboxLee Precision
Load DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Saturday, July 24

For Thought and Meditation - Saturday, July 24

Good morning all. Patience is not my strong suit. Today's message is a great reminder. Have a safe and blessed day.

Saturday, July 24, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    Patient in the Work

“It’s not important who does the planting, or who does the watering. What’s important is that God makes the seed grow.”
    —1 Corinthians 3:7

Let’s say, for the sake of illustration, that yesterday you told someone about Jesus, and they blew you off. But then last night, your words suddenly came back to them like a little explosion. It was a delayed reaction.

The seeds of the gospel that you sow today may break ground tomorrow. You just want to be faithful in getting those seeds out there.

Sometimes that’s a full-blown proclamation of the gospel, and sometimes it’s sharing a little bit of your testimony. Sometimes it may be returning something that was lost with a “God bless you.” Or it may be telling someone who’s hurting, “I’ll remember to pray for you.”

By doing those things, you’re sowing little seeds. Or you might be watering seeds that others have sown.

Jesus said to His disciples, “You know the saying, ‘One plants and another harvests.’ And it’s true. I sent you to harvest where you didn’t plant; others had already done the work, and now you will get to gather the harvest” (John 4:37–38 NLT).

Utilizing this line of thought, the apostle Paul said, “I planted the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow. It’s not important who does the planting, or who does the watering. What’s important is that God makes the seed grow” (1 Corinthians 3:6–7 NLT).

Conversion is the work of God and God alone.

Yes, He’s looking for laborers in the field, and every one of us has an important part to play. Sometimes it’s a matter of sowing a seed, and other times it’s watering a seed that another person sowed. And sometimes, by God’s grace, it’s reaping what others have sown and watered. But we must be patient in the work of sharing the gospel.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master
    Amen, that is a good one. Patience is a virtue, and I’ve always had little. Been practicing and praying for more, planting seeds here and there. You never know who is watching you and what you do everyday. You can preach without saying a word. Thanks for this, Pine Baron I needed that this morning.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government..... When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master
    Yes , good message.
    We are being a witness all of the time whether we realize it or not.

Boolit Grand Master

"Testify to God, if necessary, use words" one of the most meaningful quotes I know.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Great Lesson. We never know by what we say or do when those seeds are planted if they will sprout.

We just have to have faith. Keep tilling the ground and scattering seeds.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master

Amen, I have always said that we all are disciples and are called to spread the good news.

Boolit Grand Master
    Good message PB! It is not easy for a non-believer to get a "wow" moment. I know....I needed a few hits with a 2x4 for my awakening. I know a church elder who will not deal with questions from non-believers. He will "not waste his time" on them. Some of that attitude was expressed by some who posted on you last thread...."Christians" will not take "stupid questions".

But we must have patience. Many seeds may be cast and not all of them will take hold...but many will grow. If we do not water the seed when it needs nurturing, we have lost an opportunity to show the way to Christ. To me questions are like a seed looking for water...not distractions.

Again...good message...but it may be lost on some. Clinging to faith is not going to show the way to Christ to a non-believer. It is what many Christians do amongst themselves to make it easy on themselves and "justify" themselves. But God expects more from us.
    Don Verna

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    We are given to witness . If GOD is in your life and in your heart it is simple . If you find you can't witness it's time to self examine and talk to GOD about it .
    No turning back , No turning back !