RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingWideners
RepackboxSnyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Titan Reloading

Thread: Last Will provision...something to think about

Boolit Master

Last Will provision...something to think about

Just a thought...how many have a Last Will with provision for your survivors, in their time, to announce your Earthly departure to the Forums you frequent? With some measure of angst we're not getting younger as may be noted in the Reloading Equipment Forum thread https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...least-25-years.

I have been on Forums (plural) and read threads looking for a members, only to find through some administrative digging that they're gone forever. Then their online friends offer regards, toasts, and salutes.

I have also noted family (son or daughter usually) announce a passing and the immediate wellspring of sympathy and good wishes. As I have oft said, we leave a little bit of ourselves in these threads every time we post here from which to form a narrow but accurate impression of the hobby characteristics, charisma, and sometimes fun in our fellow man.

I have written the forum URL's (links) I frequent, Usernames, and Passwords for my survivors with a request that they announce that I won't be posting anymore (kind of like getting banned). I won't care one way or the other...but some might wonder, "Now why don't he write?"
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Land Owner - in this day of the forums and technology - an excellent suggestion to leave a list so your Administrator or Trustee has the information and can make the appropriate notifications.

My wife and I are in the process of updating our Trust, Wills and Power of Attorneys. A lot has changed since we did it in 2008 - our Successor Trustee passed away unexpectedly this past December - a number of named Beneficiaries have passed away, etc. As much as some folks don"t like to make preparations for their death, it is important to do it regardless of your age.

One of the things that many folks overlook is to make a list of their bank accounts, monthly bills, charge cards, etc. One of the most important thing is to make a list AND KEEP IT UPDATED of your Passwords and Iser ID for your computer, cell phone and accounts and let your Administrator or Successor Trustee/s know where it is so if you pass away, they have access to pay your bills, etc. without having to go through the hassle of trying to figure those things out.

Unfortunately, too many folks don't even make plans on what they want as far as final disposition of their remains, funeral, obituary, etc. and it ends up being a burden on their family to try and figure it out and to put it all together at a time of great emotional stress.

You might not like it, but just as everyday life hands you daily responsibilities . . . . so does your death - and personally, I want to make the decisions for myself - not someone else, Probaste Court or the State.

My daughter will post my demise on Facebook. I have friends there from every aspect of my life. From there it will trickle down to everybody who might have an interest.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master
    I find lately it isnt that easy to find out if someone has passed away.....since I cancelled the daily newspaper ,I dont get the funeral lists,and its very difficult to find out deaths in recent times .....fifty years ago ,no trouble ,on historical lists.....Ive done a little digging,and found out the state registry has 'commercialized" the daily lists ,and sold the rights to a newspaper chain....so the lists arent available unless you pay for a paper......not long now and I will have to pay to find out the time.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I recently tracked down an old friend. His birthday was two days ago and when I called to wish him happy birthday, I was told he passed at the end of May.

Boolit Grand Master
    Probably should work on updating mine.
    No family shooters/collectors.
    No one, in the family, I really want to leave anything to.
    Close friends moving off island.
    Other friends not shooters/collectors.
    Just don't want to see everything thrown away or destroyed.