Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RepackboxWidenersLoad DataReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blue dot for cast and reduced loads in rifle.

Boolit Master

I loaded some with 10 grains this eve. Also loaded some with 9 grains of green dot and red dot. Going to do a grouping test of each at 50 yards. 55 grain berrys FMJ.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master

Here is a link to some of Seafire's data for Blue Dot:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...pics/2612182/1
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Boolit Master
    Blue Dot is primarily a shotgun propellant with applications in some handgun cartridges as well. Decades ago while loading with Blue Dot and creeping upwards to find the most accurate load, I experienced a "pressure excursion" with this propellant in the 9mm. It used to be listed in the loading manuals for the 9mm but I don't know if it still is nor do I care. I stopped using Blue Dot powder in my revolver and semi-auto cartridges altogether due to its erratic performance and less than stellar accuracy. I am sure it makes a wonderful shotgun propellant but I would caution you on using it in handgun & rifle cartridges based on my experiences with it.

I am sure there will be those here who have used it a lot in handgun & rifle cartridges and will sing of its amazing characteristics. I do not happen to be one of them. In today's market where we shoot what we can get, it may be that Blue Dot is the only powder available. Given Blue Dot or nothing at all, I would, reluctantly, have to use it again.
    Last edited by Tar Heel; 08-01-2021 at 04:08 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12