Lee PrecisionWidenersReloading EverythingLoad Data
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2

Thread: Hensley & Gibbs 44 cal. 107C WC

Hensley & Gibbs 44 cal. 107C WC

Having a great day casting Hensley & Gibbs 44 Cal Wadcutter 107.C for my hunting buddy, Jerry. The bullet is a 135gr full wadcutter in 44 cal. Jerry was a dedicated handgun hunter. He took s Cape Buffalo with a 454 Casull. The decades of heavy recoiling handguns have taken a toll on his hands. It is painful now for him to shoot guns with heavy recoil. i got the mold and loaded him some 44 Specials with the 107.C going 828 fps. He is now plinking with his 44's. Jerry even enjoys shooting his Carter Arms Bulldog now. I'm keeping busy keeping him in plinking ammo. But he's shooting some of his old favorite guns again. I kind of stumbled into this but seeing an old shooter shoot his old favorites again is awesome. If you have an old mentor or friend who doesn't seem to want to shoot as much anymore, load him up some light loads and see if he doesn't get interested in shooting again. Attached is an old picture with the 107.C on the left with a H&G 938 on the right.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	H&G 107C and 938.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	286510

Well done sir.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master

Yes Sir; that`s the trick, Great mold!

Boolit Grand Master
    NOE makes a stubby 44 mold, 432-107-WC-Y4, which can either make a light weight single bullet load of modest recoil, or which can be stacked for a formidable multi ball load. They are currently sold out, but given enough interest, I am sure Al can find it in his heart to make a run one of there days.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	088.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	286677
    Here's a 3 stack for loading in a 44 mag.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Well done, MGD. As one who is rapidly falling into that same category, I know what your friend is going through. I'll be 77 next month, and the enjoyment of shooting full house loads in my .44 and .41 Magnums just isn't there anymore. When it hurts, it is no longer fun.

I've had to download all of my bigger handguns, just to keep shooting them. It's either that, or sell them. I still hunt elk with an 1895 Marlin in .45-70, but I have to admit that those full house loads are starting to bother me off the bench. It's funny how you don't feel it when shooting at an elk, but the bench sessions are a whole other matter.

Keep doing what you're doing for your friend. I'm sure he really appreciates it.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.