MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyRepackboxTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Load Data Reloading Everything

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Thursday, July 22

For Thought and Meditation - Thursday, July 22

Good morning all. Another great message for today, I like this story in Matthew...a lot. Have a safe and blessed day.

Thursday, July 22, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    The Core Issue

“‘Sir,’ the woman said, ‘you must be a prophet. So tell me, why is it that you Jews insist that Jerusalem is the only place of worship, while we Samaritans claim it is here at Mount Gerizim, where our ancestors worshiped?’”
    —John 4:19–20

Sometimes when we share our faith, people want us to go off on a tangent. When we start talking to them about their need for God, they’ll come back with questions like, “Well, if God is good, why does He allow suffering? And what about a person who has never heard the gospel? What will God do with them?”

While you’re answering one question, they’re moving on to another. It’s a diversionary tactic.

That’s what happened as Jesus spoke with the Samaritan woman by the well. She was getting uncomfortable, so she tried to get Him off the subject. She said, “So tell me, why is it that you Jews insist that Jerusalem is the only place of worship, while we Samaritans claim it is here at Mount Gerizim, where our ancestors worshiped?” (John 4:20 NLT).

The Jews and the Samaritans had an ongoing debate about where they were to worship God. The Jews, of course, believed they should worship God in the temple that He had established in Jerusalem.

Meanwhile, the Samaritans had their own temple and their own views.

Jesus could have easily gone down this road, because it was a heated debate. But He answered it very succinctly, pointing out what was right. Then He brought it back to the big issue: “For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth” (verse 24 NLT).

He brought this woman back to what really mattered, what was really essential. Her initial cynicism gave way to curiosity, and ultimately, she believed on the spot.

In the same way, when we’re sharing the gospel, we should try to answer questions to the best of our ability. But then we need to bring it back to the core issue: their need for Jesus Christ.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Grand Master
    PB,

It is a poor example. The reason Jesus was able to "convert" the woman is because he told her about herself...that she had had 5 husbands and was now living with another man. He was able to "wow" her with facts that a stranger would not know. He gained immediate credibility.

When we mere mortals share our faith, we only have words and our convictions. We cannot "prove" our faith or our words the way Jesus was able to in this example.

Thus the questions we get are not "distractions". Any thinking person who does not believe in God will ask them and I have found the best response to most of them...."I do not know the answer, but that does not mean there isn't one." And that is the perfect truth...for we do not know why God does certain things...but our faith is completely necessary to believe He has a purpose that we cannot fathom. Otherwise....???
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Amen and yes when I witness the tables are turned every way possible.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I have been 'challenged' many times by unbelievers . Generally they want a 'scientific' answer...which is basically stupid . I'm going to describe an act of GOD scientifically ? It's their only fallback excuse . Belief is ...FAITH...not science .

Another instance of 'Samaritans' Is the parable Christ told of the good Samaritan . Jews and Samaritans both wanted the Holy Temple in their country . To make it short the Jews won and the Holy Temple was built on their ground .

Ever after they hated each other . Christ used a Samaritan in that parable to further teach his second commandment .......Love thy neighbor as thy self .

Good lesson Pine Baron .
    No turning back , No turning back !