Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWideners
Reloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For those so inclined

In Remebrance

For those so inclined

My partners wife is a County Deputy. 2 nights ago she rolled her patrol car and was ejected. Broken neck, ribs, collapsed lung. For those so inclined, any good thoughts or prayers would be appreciated. Shes only 36 and a tough girl, I'm sure she'll make it, but it never hurts to have a little help. Thanks.

Best wishes for sure. Ejected? Was she wearing a seat belt? Not criticizing, just curious.

"Moderator Emeritus"

Been thru a few of those kinds of mishaps myself, Hope all is well with her, and a speedy recovery.
    krag35
    Krag35

I have never met a dishonest dog.

Expatriate, in my own country.

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    Bret, We will be praying for your partner's wife's full and speedy recovery. Can we ask her name? (First name only, not prying.) Thanks, Bill and Fran
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

In Remebrance

Mary. Still not sure on the belt, if she wasn't I sure wish she had been.

Boolit Grand Master
    YOU BET--thoughts and prayers from our house to Mary's.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master

Prayers sent...they do work.
    NRA Life Member Since 1981

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

II Corinthians 4:8-9. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not forsaken, struck down, but not destroyed."

Psalms 25:2 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Grand Master

Praying for a speedy recovery for Mary!
    Scooter

Boolit Buddy

Prayers sent.
    John

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Brett, my best hopes go to her. It sounds as though this was in the line of duty, and we all should give our greatest support, and to all those working to keep us safe.

In Remebrance

Well, must be the prayers are working. They got her off the resperator, although she still has all sorts of tubes running down her throat. 11 broken ribs. I understand women only have 12 or 13 to start with. The neck appears to be a "minor" fracture. The lung is coming along. She's out of the induced coma and aware of whats happening, all her parts seem to work.

My partner, Dan, says yesterday after she woke up she kept pointing to her ear. Apparently it's difficult for her to move her hands and arms due the tubes, soreness, etc. So Dan starts playing the guessing game. "Does your ear itch?, does it hurt?, do you have a headache?" Well, they had an ear piece for the radio in her ear. Finally after playing 20 questions she speaks around the tubes and says, "CHANGE THE STATION ***hole!". Dan turned to the Doc's in the room and says, "SHE YELLED AT ME!!! SHE"S OK!!!!"

Sounds to me like the lady is WELL on the road to a full recovery!! God Bless and best wishes for a complete turnaround.
    Lead.

HONCHO EMERITUS

Red face Don't know how I missed this one.......

.......but of course our prayers go out to Mary and your partner. Sounds like she's progressing just fine. Gotta say that after an entire day of listening to a motorola squawking in the car the last thing I'd want to wake up to would be an FM radio station playing any kind of music!

God Bless her and still praying for her continued speedy recovery.
    -Matt
    Group Buys Honcho'd: C326-175-FN, 434-210-RF, C434-210-RF, 30-165-SIL-MOD, 358156-PB, 413-170-Keith, C348-225-FN, 8mm SIL, 45-230-CM, 45-270-Ohaus/SWC, Edd's 28-170-FN

Boolit Grand Master
    I HEAR THAT, Dutch. We have a couple admin types that listen to scanners in their off-time, and I cannot think of a thing I would have liked to hear LESS than that stuff at home.

GREAT story, Bret! If I regained consciousness with rap music playing in my ear, I'd just figure that such was the muzak piped into Purgatory's waiting room--and die right there--not greatly surprised at the disposition, either.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Best wishes go out for a fast and complete recovery. God bless those who protect us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tpr. Bret
    11 broken ribs. I understand women only have 12 or 13 to start with.
    FYI Both males and females have the same number of ribs, 12 pair for a total of 24. Seven pairs of true ribs connected directly to the sternum, Five pairs of false ribs not directly attached to the sternum including the two pair of floating ribs.
    mato pezuta
    Just picking brains, mines worn out.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Carter
    Best wishes go out for a fast and complete recovery. God bless those who protect us.

FYI Both males and females have the same number of ribs, 12 pair for a total of 24. Seven pairs of true ribs connected directly to the sternum, Five pairs of false ribs not directly attached to the sternum including the two pair of floating ribs.
    I didn't know that, took the old story for true. Can't fool you guys in medical school!

In Remebrance

Figures. Just when I had come up with a plan to start checking womens ribs. Purely for scientific purposes of course.......

HEr chest tube came out today, and with any luck they'll transport her home tomorrow. Thanks to all for the thoughts and prayers. Bret

Moderator Emeritus

Bret, Thanks for the updates Gianni.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Tougher 'n boiled owl, as we say in the mountains. That's much too young to be checking out, glad she's on the mend.
    Bret, a stroke of pure genius on the rib counting bit, if I put on my very best vacant look, I might even get away with it.....
    Born OK the first time.

In Remebrance

Just a quick update- Mary's home and doing well. 11 ribs, 2 breaks in the neck and the 1 completely collasped lung, the other lung "sorta" collapsed as I understand it. We figure the passenger side window broke oout before she went through it, saved her face. No belt , she'd just left a complaint and was reaching for it when she swerved to avoid a deer and that was how thwe accident hapened. She should have had it on, but thats between her and her boss, who's not pleased. At least she's home and alive. The odds catch up with you the more miles you put on.

Thanks to all for the kind thoughts and prayers. You guys are the greatest!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast