Reloading EverythingLoad DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2
WidenersLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky

Thread: When A Member's Inbox Is Full...

Vendor Sponsor

When A Member's Inbox Is Full...

Is there a popup that notifies them that no one can send them any messages until they delete some and clear up some space? Do we need a feature that will limit the member from sending a message if the inbox is full? I mean, if you send a message to someone and they can't reply, the sender then wonders if the recipient is a jerk or ignoring them or could care less or is a lazy bum who never checks messages?

Ok let's see who reads THIS message......

1. You are one of my customers.
    2. You sent a cylinder for honing within the last two weeks.
    3. If you would like your return shipping/tracking information sent to your inbox.
    4. YOU MAY BE THE GUY THIS POST IS ABOUT!!!
    Last edited by DougGuy; 07-21-2021 at 08:48 AM.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Doug - I may be wrong, but I think your "sent" messages are a part of your 400 limit - so if your box is full - I wouldn't think that you could send another message to anyone???

I'm no computer whiz - but I don't find the Privat Message section hard to manage at all and I have a hard time understanding why folks can't keep their PM boxes cleaned out every so often so they can send/receive messages - so I understand where you are coming from.

I recently tried to contact a vendor on here who has running WTS posts - his post clearly states to PM him - yet I sent him two different PMs and NO REPLY - I posted two replies to his posting - stated I wished to purchase his product (which I have purchased several times before in the past) - NO RESPONSE. Hmmmm - why post a product if you won't respond - now that's a good business plan.

I have seen posts on here such as "Hey so and so . . . . your mailbox is full" - I have often wondered if that happens if you get some sort of message stating that when you try to send a message to a "full box"?

A possibility for you: Click on the member's name and go to his profile page. On the left under the name is a list of options in blue that might or might not include "receive e-mails", depending on whether on not the member accepted or rejected the option upon registration. If you're lucky and he'll receive e-mails, send him one stating your business or asking him to clear his PM box. If not, I can't think of anything else except to hope that he sees your post. I have seen people who wished someone to clear their PM box to post their name on a thread in capital letters, "JOE SCHMOE, Your PM box is full."

DG

Banned
    OR you can E-mail him on the e-mail link --[he will then have your e-mail address but you will get in touch with him]

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    To see if your PM box is full:

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/private.php

Scroll almost all the way down, you are looking for "Folder Controls", there will be a multi-colored bar right below that.

Read the text, if you have lots of free PM spaces left you will have a lot of green in the colored bar, if its full you will only see red and yellow.

And you can download old PMs and save them, so you info hoarders are in luck :P

Hope this helps someone