RepackboxInline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Load Data

Thread: CZ 527 Carbine 223 Scope Suggestions w/DIP's pic mount

CZ 527 Carbine 223 Scope Suggestions w/DIP's pic mount

Well, I'm getting to that age where I need optics to be accurate for distance. Currently, I just ordered DIP's extended picatinny mount for my .223 527 carbine. Now, I'm looking at scopes for informal target use. So far Leupold's VX Freedom 2-7x33 Hunt Plex looks tempting. Also, I'm considering using some type of low mount scope rings with quick release to keep the check weld proper.

Reading from other owners it sounds like the bolt handle runs very close to a mounted scope. If I go to a larger 3-9x40mm scope would there be any issues with it rubbing or hitting anything on the rifle?

Would love to hear what others are using, thanks.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I have a Zastava M85 which is very similar. I use the Warne steel bases with medium height Weaver Grand Slam rings and a little Hawke 2-7x32 scope. The Leupold is my first choice but the Hawke was what I could afford at the time and has done really good so far.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Look at Blackhound optics. Lifetime warranty. I just bought the Genesis 6x24x50 and it is beautiful. Waiting on a picatinny rail to mount it on my Remington 700 in 30-06. They have several different powers also.

Boolit Buddy
    There seems to be a current trend by scope makers to go with out sized ocular lens housings. Part of the Tacticool thinking. The CZ 527's have two different style bolt handles. The older (before 2014 approx) bolt style is about 1/8 inch taller than the current style bolt handle. CZ changed this to try and help with scope mounting. If your using a DIP rail you will have a much larger selection of rings than if you were staying with the CZ 16mm dovetail rings. The Leupold 2-7X is a fairly small scope compared to some and I don't think you will run into a barrel/bolt issue unless you go with super low rings on the DIP rail.

My Browning wears a Leupold 3.5-10x in low mounts. With a 60deg bolt throw there is no interferance with the bolt.

Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Boolit Master
    If it is available I suggest look at this http://www.swfa.com/swfa-ss-2-5-10x3....html?___SID=U and mount it using detachable mounts to make it ease to move from rifle to rifle. CZ 527s have a habit of reproducing in the safe and being able to move a scope easily might save some $. 527 Carbine = very excellent rifle. Every 527 I have come across = very excellent rifle.

Boolit Buddy
    I got a 3-12x50 on my .223 CZ527 and my Dad has a 2-8x42 Zeiss Duralyt which is very sweet.

Great little rifle, enjoy it whatever you go with.

Scrummy