PBcastcoReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Load DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Wideners Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prayers needed for my brother

Thank you all for your prayers and support. I'm grateful to God for His blessings. At the moment things are moving along in a positive direction, and that's all I can hope for. One day at a time.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master
    Praying for a positive outcomes for all. Mental health issues are one of the worst sicknesses to befall mankind.

Please renew your prayers for this situation, as we have come to a watershed moment. I think I might have found an Assisted Living Facility (ALF) that will take my brother, as the hospital is ready to discharge him. By God's good grace, my brother's demeanor has been stabilized through prescribed medication and I have a doctor's directive for supervised ALF with memory care. That's a big deal, as it allows the facility the ability to get SS Disability, Medicaid and the VA (they have been no help at all) to cover the costs.
    It's now time to break the news to my mother. My two other brothers are able to fly down today, my flight got cancelled at the last minute, so they are going to handle the visit to the ALF, hospital, etc. I'm going to video chat with them tomorrow when they're able to sit down with mom. God's will be done, and it is amazing.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Moderator Emeritus

I am happy that your brother is doing better. I am praying that the ALF will be a good fit for your brother and the facility. Please keep us informed....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master

I ask Lord that You pull all the pieces together for Pine Baron's brother's care. You know and have control of all those details. Thank you for providing the care that is available.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

May GOD shed his grace on you all

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Continuing in prayer for your brother and the family . And like Paul said..keep us up on the progress of your brother . Sorry you missed the chance to join your brothers and mother but glad you can sill video call .
    No turning back , No turning back !

15 August update on my brother. After a few set backs, today is the day my brother gets moved to his assisted living facility. I can't be there, but God sent an angel (mutual friend) to help with moving him. Prayers requested that all goes well and God's will be done.
    Next up...getting SS Disability and Medicaid Long Term Care.
    Again I can't emphasize how disappointed I am with the VA, however, we're not done with them yet.

I was a case manager for a Navy vet with a traumatic brain injury, and I know first-hand how difficult it can be to get the VA to admit the obvious. Praying for your brother, and the whole family.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by buckwheatpaul View Post
    Father, I come to You to pray for clarity for Pine Baron's brother so that he can find his way to our Savior, Jesus. Please be with his family and friends as he battles this terrible disease that leaves him confused and scared. I know the You walk with him but he sure needs Your help as does his family and I pray that You grant this prayer and all the prayers lifted up for Pine Baron, Pine Baron's brother, and their family. AMEN
    Amen.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Very sorry to hear this, for your brother, you and your family. Alzheimers, is likely my greatest fear......so unfair/painful for the victim and family! memtb
    You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“LETS GO BRANDON”

August 25 update;
    I'm flying down to Florida today, finally. Plan is to go see my mother, get some chores done for her.
    Get to my brothers empty house and retrieve his wallet (I.D., etc.) his cell phone, and determine the condition of the house.
    Go visit the Assisted Living Facility to see my brother, and sit down with them to see if we can get the Social Security Disability process started.

As far as the VA is concerned, my brother was supposed to see them yesterday, at a local clinic, well that got put off until Sept 13. What a shocker.

Please pray that God show me His path and the Holy Spirit guide me to patience and perseverance. Always in Jesus name. Amen.

Note; I may be "out of pocket" for a few days. So forgive me if I don't keep up with the daily "For Thought and Meditation".

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Still praying for everyone involved and will continue .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Moderator Emeritus

Dementia is a horrible disease, and it wears on the whole family like nothing else I know of. God bless you all PB. It's times like these that makes our Lord our best friend.

An update on this. I'm flying down to FL again to try and get something done, as we are at a dead end with POA, Medicaid LTC, the VA, etc. Good news is my brother is settled in, at the ALF, and being transported to his VA appointments.

Without "Conservertorship" I can get no information as to diagnosis or treatment options. I have found an elder care attorney and am currently engaged with them for assistance. Hopefully this isn't another dead end.

My youngest daughter will be accompanying me on this go around, and that's a good thing. It's always better to have a "partner" for back up, in addition to getting to see her Grandma. So that's blessing enough, right there.

Please continue prayers that God guides me to His will.

Boolit Master

Dear Lord, may your will be done for Pines brother this very day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12