Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
WidenersRepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well... THAT was odd, scam or ???

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jim147 View Post
    I have an 870 area code. If I get a call from anyone not in my phone list with 870, I dint answer. Had someone call last week about my satellite dish. My satellite dish has a hawking antenna in it and moves wifi like 150 yards.
    We get about six of those calls everyday, sometimes more. I've read that current robot-phone call systems make it possible for creeps to make hundreds of thousands of contacts every day for almost no cost to them.

Boolit Master
    I got one today while having lunch. It was from Jamaica. I don't answer when eating ever. I may have missed out on a million dollars.

Boolit Grand Master
    I rattled a scammer from I assume India one day. He started his song & dance & I interrupted by asking what he was going to tell his God when he met him? He stuttered briefly and tried to resume and I assured him he was a thief and I wondered how he intended to met his God being a thief. He got screaming mad, called me an unmentionable, and I continued. He kept calling me that unmentionable and slammed his phone down. Minutes later he called back all aflutter. It was priceless.

Had a legit annoying call from PETA and before the caller could get into a full swing sales pitch, I interrupted her by asking if this was another sales pitch for a wild game cookbook and if it was I had enough already. She hung up on me. Go figure.

On the rare occasion that I answer one of those calls, when they ask for me- I say " He's going to die"- and hang up. That's fun.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Northern Virginia, where the freeway does roam.
    Quote Originally Posted by 725 View Post
    I rattled a scammer from I assume India one day. He started his song & dance & I interrupted by asking what he was going to tell his God when he met him? He stuttered briefly and tried to resume and I assured him he was a thief and I wondered how he intended to met his God being a thief. He got screaming mad, called me an unmentionable, and I continued. He kept calling me that unmentionable and slammed his phone down. Minutes later he called back all aflutter. It was priceless.

Had a legit annoying call from PETA and before the caller could get into a full swing sales pitch, I interrupted her by asking if this was another sales pitch for a wild game cookbook and if it was I had enough already. She hung up on me. Go figure.
    I do that too, I tell them that they are a thief repeatedly, when they call and they start that BS about car warranty.

First, I try to get them to tell me which car they are talking about.

Well, they're trying to ask me to tell them the car, and so then I asked them over and over you called me, which car are you trying to insure the warranty???

The best one we went in circles for almost 12 minutes.

That's what you get for screwing with me when I'm eating lunch.

So far one hundred percent they get really really mad, and hang up on me.

I like that cookbook idea that's hilarious!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    A few things I have done, you can judge the shame I feel.

Downloaded a Klingon phrasebook from the Internet. Answered the phone using it and tried to keep the conversation going for a while.

Did the same thing in Russian. Spanish doesn't work as well because too many of the scammers understand it.

Got still yet another "we will install solar for free" telemarketing call from somebody that had the wrong address. I set up an appointment. Did the same for the same wrong address for the "we want to buy your house" scam.

For the car warranty scam, I have a rotating list of cars: A 1963 Studebaker Lark, a 1976 AMC Gremlin, a 1987 Yugo, and a 2017 Fiat 500.
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Family used to know the gal who owns Model T ford S/N 2 indirectly, friend of her mechanic's family. Wonder what the warranty would go on that? LOL

Boolit Mold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That picture is missing the mechanic and owner wailing over the loss of the vehicle

(Part of the deal is that, in return for running it weekly and keeping it running, he gets to ride in it in the car processions etc., always nice to be rewarded for working with your hands )

Quote Originally Posted by Mk42gunner View Post
    I've been getting a new to me variation.

People call and ask for my mom by name. They say they need to discuss a "personal business matter" with her.

When I tell them I handle all of her business, they get very defensive about her privacy. (What a laugh).

As long as the calls come to my phone, she isn't going to be bothered by them.

Robert
    BE VERY CAREFUL OF THIS ONE. especially if the guy speaks good english. Sounds very much like the one where they get elderly person on phone and ask about kids or especially grandkids, and then put someone else on saying they are grandkid and they need money for bond and are in jail. will push VERY hard to insist on keeping this a secret and not telling any other relatives about it. My mom almost fell for it a couple of years ago. and they will find someone local to meet......

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Too darn many scams out there!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12