RepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2Load Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Wideners
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Personal demons

Banned
    I do not believe anybody carries a demon it goes against the baptism we receive we are washed clean the demons are real make no mistake about that and if you have been around pure evil in the mortal form you can smell it. You ever seen a dog get right up and spot a person maybe a block away and just start snarling and you know that dog would defend you to the death from that person who is just walking down the street. Yeah evil comes in many forms I have seen it and felt it firsthand evil is real.

Boolit Master
    We need more Scripture here...
    I enjoy reading this one from Acts to the kids for Halloween:

The Sons of Sceva

13Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth. 14And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so. 15And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye? 16And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded. 17And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified. 18And many that believed came, and confessed, and shewed their deeds. 19Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver. 20So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed.

Amen

Banned

I don't know about personal demons as such, but I do believe we all have our weak points. I am sure I do, and I have to fight the good fight or give in. There are times I give in and times I don't. I also know that God does not expect us to be perfect, there has only ever been one perfect individual on this earth and He isn't physically here at this time. What we need to do, and when I say we I mean me, continuously pray for forgiveness when we need it, and strength to resist the devil and his agents. It is difficult for me at times but I do my best to ask Jesus to guide me in all that I do.

Many people in the world are oppressed by demons if not possessed. Christians can be oppressed at times. The mentally ill and greedy and many others are tempted regularly, we all are. Depressed people and celibates, we all have our weaknesses where we can be tempted and it can be dark.
    Don’t say that people are ‘gong’ to hell but headed for hell. That’s a judgment. Because you never know when the Lord is going to call someone. Judging someone puts their defenses up and resists the Lord.

In the hobby room today I listened to the episode #1729 from February 9th of Caravan To Midnight.
    There was a discussion of a good example of demonic attack and the entity being ordered out.

Any of you fellas think we're in a time of stepped up spiritual attacks?

Boolit Master
    I can't remember the movie from which I heard this, but an adult and adolescent Indian (Native American, not eastern Indian) were talking, when the elder said:
    "Within me, there are two hungry wolves, constantly fighting (for my spirit?). One is good, one is evil."
    Adolescent Indian: "Which one will win?"
    Elder Indian: "The one I feed the most."

I guess this is nothing more than a restatement of what's already been said in this thread. These lines from a movie were the most succinct and understandable way in which I've ever hear this notion expressed.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    absolutely not!!! "Greater is He that is in you, than he that is the world."...1st John 4:4. There are no demons where the Spirit of God dwells. If you are reading Screwtape Letters, read about the "law of undulation". There you will find the answer to your inconstancy". It is common to all Christians.
    Then why is there demonic activity in places like africa where the Holy Sirit is working?

Boolit Master
    The Holy Spirit is working everywhere even in Africa.
    We pray constantly for our missionary to Ukraine.
    Lord sent him, he's doing fine. He founded a Baptist church in Khargiv.
    He is safer than our missionary to San Francisco.
    China's Christians are cancelled like America's.
    There may be more Christians in China than America.
    Holy Spirit bringing Revival!
    To every action there is an opposite reaction as dark opposes the Light.
    Spiritual warfare can get very real.
    Do you go to the internet to study demons? You will certainly find some.
    One might follow you home, but I pray you are safe in your Armor.

Pastor opines there are demons in every church parking lot, that's an easy place to catch a soul. When the pastor skins you with a sermon that convicts, you walk outside pondering wondering doubting and a demon will try the only lie that works: "Did God really say?". By the time you get to your car you feel better, ready to road rage with the rest of the congregation racing the fallen world to Walmart for lunch.

Satan only has the power you give him.
    You have the real power of choice, you are free to choose.
    Choose the Light!
    Did you invite demons to your Halloween party?
    They might stay on, like leftovers in the fridge.
    How do we exorcise a Disney Christmas?
    Prayer.

Boolit Master
    I heard it said once, and tend to agree with the sentiment, that I am nobody special, and do not warrant a dedicated demonic cohort to derail. I have my own capacity for self derailing without any outside help, and as such, most of my troubles are in some way my own doing. I have experienced demonic attacks, and let me tell you, there's no mistaking it when it happens! That said, most of the time, I don't rank high enough for their focus.
    Chicken Little has finally found an audience

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by badguybuster View Post
    Hence my question: Do you believe we each have a personal demon whose soul (pun intended) is to ensure the corruption of our soul?
    I believe that we all may have our own personal demons, that they change with time and experience, and that, for the most part, we create them ourselves. We over-analyze, we read intentions or comments the wrong way and then obsess over those things. Some demons remain with us from experiences or actions in an earlier part of our life. But none of them need to control us.
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ... lasts forever.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

Boolit Master
    absolutely not!!! "Greater is He that is in you, than he that is the world."...1st John 4:4. There are no demons where the Spirit of God dwells. If you are reading Screwtape Letters, read about the "law of undulation". There you will find the answer to your inconstancy". It is common to all Christians.
    thats just a quote by someone who doesnt know scriptures. just look at countries where people are being saved by the spirit of God and all the demonic activity in the same place.That scripture in no way says a person cant have a demon.

Boolit Buddy

Bingo!
    Well said Char

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123