Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2Wideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad DataReloading Everything
Repackbox

Thread: I've Still Got It!

Boolit Grand Master

I've Still Got It!

Well, once again "wasting" hours on the computer scanning eBay worked out in my favor. I decided I "needed" one more first model Ideal lubricating pump, if nothing else to establish a set of spare parts. I stumbled across an offering with both the wrench and clamp that looked otherwise complete as well (no sizing die or top punch.) I go it for the opening bid, and with shipping and taxes it was at my door for about $65. When it arrived, it was clean of grease and complete, with a nice amount of paint left! It's nicer than one or more of the ones I already had and I'm conflicted as to whether to use it or put into a museum display.

Anyway, other than one of the little cast iron spider-looking top piece to keep the rod/screw centered they are all four complete... and I believe that top piece is just lost somewhere on the top of my workbench in all the clutter. I really didn't set out to corner the market on these things, but sometimes you just get the chance and have to jump. Funny thing is, I was at home sick and about all I had the energy to do was surf the web on my laptop!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master

Hi Charlie,

I saw that sizer, but I promised my self not to buy any more "stuff" ....

I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Scott
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Banned
    Hi Froggie, are you talking about one of these?

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Get well soo froggy and congratulations on the #1 . All of mine get used right along with the #45's and the two RCBS .
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Boolit Grand Master
    Thanks for all the well wishes... I really wasn’t fishing for sympathy, but it is deeply appreciated.

Conditor22, the one you show is a #45, the successor to the one(s) I’ve been getting. The 45 is a little more refined, and probably a little stronger, so it’s very highly regarded in the community. For whatever serendipitous reason, I’ve never owned one of them, which is not to say I wouldn’t take one if it dropped in my lap like these #1s have.

Froggie

Boolit Buddy
    Yes, I saw it was in fine condition. I'm glad one of ours got it!
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Banned
    Frog Person Sir, there is another listed on eBay with one day left. 07/25/2021. It is the very first model, all complete and in great shape. Going for it also???

Ken

Boolit Grand Master
    Is that the one with a “wrench” that looks like a faucet handle? Looks nice but apparently at least two other folks want it more than I do. . I don’t want to be piggy anyway… four should be plenty.
    I hope someone from our happy group was inspired to buy this one.
    Froggie

Banned
    My pockets were not deep enough, I quit at $400. It's really a sad day, that is the very earliest #1 sold. Notice the lack of script on the handle and the different handle pivot point. It has the faucet pressure screw wrench but is missing the wood handle wrench.

It is tools like this that I really enjoyed the long email discussions with Doug Elliot, AKA Floodgate to folks here. Doug passed away today, sadly he never got to see this exceedingly rare tool.

Ken

Boolit Grand Master
    RIP Doug. I too enjoyed e-chats with him, although far too rarely.

I too was amazed at the price that early #1 brought, but apparently somebody knew and appreciated its value (and had deep pockets) or two wanna-bes got into a bidding war.

Froggie

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pressman View Post
    My pockets were not deep enough, I quit at $400. It's really a sad day, that is the very earliest #1 sold. Notice the lack of script on the handle and the different handle pivot point. It has the faucet pressure screw wrench but is missing the wood handle wrench.

It is tools like this that I really enjoyed the long email discussions with Doug Elliot, AKA Floodgate to folks here. Doug passed away today, sadly he never got to see this exceedingly rare tool.

Ken
    Ken
    This is sad news, I really enjoyed the discussions I had with Doug. I'm really going to miss his insight on all the different tools that show up on ebay.

RIP - Doug

Scott
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.